Chapter 1

One of my favorite things about being married is holding similar interests that allows us to do things together such as hold lectures. We get to travel around discussing our marriage, life in Hollywood, being working parents and our separate businesses.

We have received multiple book deals but I am always weary of that because words can be so easily misconstrued. With our lectures, we get to interact with the people that come to watch us so we can clear things up before stupid rumors are made.

"Despite how my dear husband dresses," A few people laugh and I give my husband's hand a squeeze, "My Vince Vaughn is a very bougie man and he most certainly likes the finer things in life. He is somebody who would rather spend money on the experience rather than the materialistic goods that truly mean nothing in the end."

"We only have one life." Vince smiles at me and I wink at him.

"That we do." I turn my attention to the audience of two thousand people. "We planned to co-own a bar but conflicts arose on the style that we wanted. Vince is very traditional so he wanted something elegant with the moody atmosphere and jazz band on stage."

"Carmen wanted something very sexy with the flashing lights, dancers on the table and loud music."

"Just like myself." I throw my arm up into the air and the crowd cheers which makes me smile. "Vince and I were not able to compromise so we worked separately on our businesses, he continued with his bar idea and I settled for a burlesque bar."

Somebody raises their hand, "How did you chose your locations?"

"Well you never know if your business will be a success or not because times are changing so we decided to just go for it

"Well you never know if your business will be a success or not because times are changing so we decided to just go for it. Fortunately for us, we were at that stage in life where we could take a financial loss so I settled for the Manhattan scene which is more upscale and relaxed. Carmen went for Brooklyn which is more vibrant and more of her scene." Vince answers and I nod my head. "To answer your question, we chose New York because we were living there at the time so we wanted something close to home. I'll keep it real with you guys, my business started off with a bang and then it went real silent once the buzz wore off."

I give his another squeeze as I think back to how sad he was about it.

"I considered shutting the place down before I could lose out on even more money but my wife suggest that I start holding events at the bar." 

"And promoting." I add with a firm look on my face. "When you start a business, you need to learn how to put your ego to the side. You need to be promoting your business every way that you can and find new ways of getting yourself out there so holding events is a great thing to do as it can bring in new customers."

"Exactly that." Vince leans over to peck my lips which earns us a wold whistles. "I had this thought that the business would carry itself but you really have to put yourself out there. I started inviting my friends over to the bar for drinks, games nights and I even held meetings there which then brought forward the idea of allowing people to hire the space for meetings and events."