Chapter 6

Mr Anthony Hopkins is somebody that I don't get to see often even though we have a relatively good relationship. My father is a high profile actor who doesn't like conflict so he stays away from my mother who loves to start arguments with him and if I ever get into it with him then he will not speak another word to me.

I wish we were closer because I do admire him but he chooses to live a peaceful life away from the spotlight and that unfortunately is not my life. My dad flew to LA today for work related reasons and I was somehow able to get him to schedule family time into his routine.

"The children have certainly grown." My dad says with a small smile as he looks at my children who are all on their phones. "You need to do something about those technology devices. I'm guessing that the youngest is always indoors because it's far too hot out here for him to be that pale."

Jace glances up at his grandfather, "I'm a vampire."

"I'm sure you are." My dad fakes a laugh. "What are you doing with your life now?"

"I sing." Jace mumbles while scratching the back of his head. "I'm coming out with an album soon so I'll send you an invite to the release party."

My dad waits a moment to respond, "I will need to hear the music first. If it is anything like your uncle's music then absolutely not, I am not old enough to have ringing ears. The kids today are far too energetic for my liking and I will never forgive Grayson for conning me into attending a mosh pit with him."

Gia and Mia giggle at his words.

"Here's Johnny." Vince arrives at the table with a large tray filled with different coffees and pastries. "I hope I got everybody's order right and you all owe me fifty dollars."

Gia kisses his cheek, "We'll pay you with love."

"How has life been?" Vince asks my father as he takes his seat besides me before picking up his expresso

"How has life been?" Vince asks my father as he takes his seat besides me before picking up his expresso. "It's been almost seven months since we last saw your face."

"That's the actor's life for you." My dad smiles proudly and I purse my lips at him. "I have been working on a film in the UK which has been great fun as I've been able to reconnect with my childhood peers and reminisce on life before fame. The older I'm getting, the more at peace I am becoming with my life so life has been good."