Chapter 4

Carmen: Mommy

Carmen: Mommy

2,000,000 likes ~ 9,000 comments

---

"Smile." Mia lifts her phone up to take a picture of us and I cuddle up to my husband as we smile for the selfies that she takes.

Our girls are growing up so fast and it's crazy to think that we're parents to twenty something year olds so we really try to spend as much time as we can together. I know that it won't be long until they decide to move out so I'm really trying to cherish every moment now especially since our Jace is branching into his own as a singer.

"Do you guys do anything other than brunch?" Vince asks as he leans closer to me and the girls look at him weirdly.

"We didn't even eat today." Mia tells him.

Gianna pops her lips, "Besides you never offer your suggestions on what you want us to do."

"They got you there, hunny." I kiss Vince on the cheek while giggling.

"That's not true." He looks at us in disbelief. "First of all, I don't appreciate the snarky tones from the three of you and secondly I suggested that we go rock climbing."

I nod my head while looking at the girls, "He did suggest that."

"Whose side are you on?" Gia asks while fighting back a smile and I wink at her

"Whose side are you on?" Gia asks while fighting back a smile and I wink at her. "I got my nails done yesterday, I can't ruin them today."

"They pay extortionate prices at the nail salons." I tell my husband who squeezes my thigh under the table. "But I did tell the girls not to get their nails done until after."

"Whose side are you on?" All three of them ask me and I can't help but laugh at how similar they all look. Our daughters favour their father heavily in the looks department, they both have the natural tan and dark hair whereas I'm the only blonde with fair skin. Ace is the only one who slightly resembles me but when he tans, he ends up looking like the rest of the Vaughns. 

"I'm just trying to keep the peace." I perk up as I spot the waiter walking over to us with our food. "The food is here."

"Thank God, I was getting hangry." Mia giggles to herself.