Part 6

Word Count: 1528

Part Warnings: Thrombey/Drysdale Family, Language. (Let me know if I missed anything.)

Today is the day of the will reading. In all honesty, I was both excited and nervous. I knew that everything is now Marta's and the excitement of seeing the entire Thrombey clan freak out was almost bubbling over. However, after today, the house will no longer belong to Harlan. As much as I hated to admit it, it hurt that Harlan didn't leave anything in the will for me or Ransom, although I understand his reasonings.

The nervousness I was feeling waws about what was going to happen next. Marta was technically going to get way with what she did to Harlan and profit from it. Something about the whole situation didn't settle right in my stomach.

I had to go into work before the will reading. After Harlan died. I was given some time off. When Marta told me what happened, I had this gut feeling that Harlan's death wasn't going to be the ned of things. So last night I decided, whilst Ransom slept, that I was going to take some more time off. Theoretically, I didn't have to go in to request time off, but I found driving therapeutic so going in would be better.

Both me and Ransom woke up at a similar time and for about half an hour Ransom just cuddled me. It was nice to just spend some time with my husband, especially with everything that is going on at the moment. A few minutes alone was what the two of them needed. I knew that in a matter of a few hours, I would most likely be dealing with a stressed-out Ransom.

Finally, we decided to get up. Getting ready was a task and a half as Ransom was trying to fuck me at every opportunity. As much as I wanted to give into him, we couldn't be late, especially as I had to go to work first.

Eventually, we were both ready and with a kiss goodbye, we both went to our respective cars. On the way to the hospital, I couldn't help but think about everything that was going on. As sweet as Marta is, it was the mistake she made which triggered the event of Harlan's death.

I was honestly torn with what to do. The police were snooping around now, and I just hoped that I wasn't dragged into it too much. As selfish as that sounds, I worked hard to get where I was and the idea that my whole career could be jeopardised over this was hard to think about. It settled me down knowing that my husband was going to help me. Not that I needed a man to sort my problems out, but this time I was really stumped on how to help Marta.

By the time I reached work, I came to the conclusion that I should help Marta. At the end of the day, as a medical professional, I knew hoe detrimental one mistake can be. Entering the hospital, I tried to walk to my office without being too noticed. Everyone knew Harlan Thrombey and everyone at the hospital knew that I was married to his grandson.

Luckily for me, there wasn't too many people around, so I just went straight into my office and filed the paperwork to request more time off.

By the time I was done and had gotten out of the hospital, I noticed that I didn't have much time before the will reading. Driving quickly, but safely, I managed to make it to the mansion in time and saw that the police were there again.

Walking in, I could hear the commotion coming from the lounge. Walking around the corner, I could see that yet again, my husband was at the centre of the noise.

"Jacob was in that bathroom the night of the party." Walt announced as I walked into the room and towards Ransom. Ransom automatically pulled me into his lap. I didn't miss the way that Linda rolled her eyes at us.

"Oh, that's where you were all night?" Joni chimed in, looking at Jacob.

"What the hell were you doing in the bathroom all night?" Richard asked him.