Epilogue

Word Count: 576

Part Warnings: None

These last five years have been some of the best in my life.

Four years ago, I gave birth to mine and Ransom's first daughter. Freya Hope Drysdale. To say she was the light of Ransom's life would be and understatement. From the first time he held her, Ransom was wrapped around her little finger. As she grew older, she became the spitting image of her father, even insisting that she dressed just like him.

A year and a half after we had Freya, I found out I was pregnant again. This time with twins. I was more nervous throughout my pregnancy than I was when I was pregnant with Freya, however when Harmony Louise and Daniel Theodore Drysdale were born, the amount of happiness both me and Ransom felt was out of this world.

The joy me and Ransom felt at the expansion of our family wasn't the only change throughout the Thrombey/Drysdale clan though. The day Marta was arrested, Linda found a note written in invisible ink from Harlan. It exposed an affair that Richard had been having with a woman two times younger than him. That was the start though as it turns out, Richard was seeing more than just this woman.

Since then, me and Linda had gotten along better than ever. She admitted the mistakes she made when raising Ransom and although nothing could ever fix them, at least she was trying with her grandchildren. Ransom was a little reluctant at first about her spending time with them, but I finally managed to persuade him to give her a chance and so far things were going well.

We rarely hear from the rest of the family. Meg will come over to see Freya, Harmony and Daniel every once in a while. Otherwise, the only time we hear from any of them is when Linda holds a family meal.

Snide remarks towards Ransom though have calmed down no end. Since he proved to them that he could be a responsible parent and had also started writing they laid off him. However, Ransom doesn't go through Blood Like Wine to publish his books anymore. Instead, he invested his inheritance into creating his own publishing company.

Writing on the Wall was doing brilliantly. Walt was almost running Blood Like Wine into the ground. The Netflix deals were falling through, and authors were leaving the company as they didn't want to watch their books fail. This caused Ransom to have many more clients, especially as he was running his publishing company the same way Harlan ran his.

Me on the other hand, I was promoted three years ago after I came back from my first maternity leave. I was now head of paediatrics at the hospital. This caused almost a double in my wage and more freedom around my work hours. When the twins were born, the five of us moved to a bigger house just outside Boston. This allowed me to have an office, Ransom to have a study and everyone to have their own rooms as well as a garden for the children to run around in. With my office, I was able to work from home more.

The lie me and Ransom told five years ago was never brought up again. The guilt never really left me, but I managed to bury it in order to have the family life I had always wanted. Even at the cost of other people's lives.