Chapter 14: Masquerade Wonderland Ball

1 week ago

Rhett goes up to the attic and starts rummaging through boxes looking for a certain memory of his own. Instead of finding his memory, he came across someone else's. He leaves the memory and does not let his curiosity get the better of him. Then all of sudden, he thinks 'What if it's his memory?' He takes the memory and throws it in the air, revealing a memory of him and Aurora at the park. The memory doesn't show anything for about a minute, but then Rhett hears Aurora calling for him in a panicked voice. Rhett goes downstairs and the memory shows Aurora losing control of her powers.

"What's wrong, Aurora?" Rhett asks. Aurora starts crying."Aurora, please don't cry. You know that you have emotional disasters and when you cry a lot of...damage can happen." Rhett explains. Lightning sparks out of her fingertips and she continues to cry. "Aurora Elizabeth Taylor, I need you to calm down before something bad happens. Come here. I understand that right now you're scared and sad, but I can help you. Haven't I always?" Rhett questions, taking a step closer. Aurora walks into his embrace and slowly calms down. Rhett picks her up and takes her to his room to have a talk with her."Are you mad?" Aurora asks."Not the slightest bit." Rhett confirms."Are you just saying that, so I don't lose control again." Aurora asks."No, I'm saying this because it's true and I care deeply about you." Rhett confesses. Rhett again asked her what was wrong, and she finally confessed that it was Emotional Day for everyone under the age of 10 and she lost control of her powers and emotions, but he calmed her down. He gently rubbed her hand with his thumb."Are you going okay without me today?" Rhett questions."Rhett, I need you. Please, don't leave me here. At least take me with you."Aurora exclaims. Hearing Aurora cry out how much she needs him really made him think that he was her whole world, but he knew that she needed to stay here."I'll bring you back something special, okay? I'll be back by this afternoon."Rhett says, still trying to ease her pain."Why do you always have to go somewhere?" Aurora complains."This time, I have to get something for the most beautiful, incredible, enchanting woman I have ever met. Over 7 years old that is."Rhett says."Can you bring me back a golden tiara?" Aurora asks, hopefully. Rhett smiles and ruffles her hair."I'll think about it. I'm not saying no, but also not saying yes." Rhett explains. Aurora nods and hugs Rhett."I'll miss you, Rhett." Aurora says, through tears."I'll miss you too, Arie." Rhett leaves to go back into town to see Chloe and buy 2 tiaras.

Once he arrived back in town he immediately went to Chloe. "Chlo, I really need to talk to you." Chloe's head shoots up towards Rhett."What do you need to talk about?" Chloe questions."The whole marriage, choosing a tiara for Katherine, proposing, and everything is just a mess."Rhett sits down with his face in his palms."Weren't you the one saying that you didn't want to rush into anything?" Chloe teases."I know what I said, but I am very short on time."Rhett looks back up at her."Okay, Okay. I'll take care of the decorations, honeymoon destination, place, and time. You take care of the proposal, ring, outfits, tiaras, and the guest list. Does that sound good?" Chloe suggests."I guess so, but how do we even know that she'll say yes?"Rhett sighed."Rhett, I've told at least a million times that once you propose, her memories that my atrocious brother erased will return and she'll remember how much you mean to her." Chloe explains."I know I don't need to hear it again. I guess what I'm most concerned about is how will I know that I'm ready and she's ready at the same time?" Rhett murmured. "Simple. When your heart tells you it's the right moment. Just choose a ring, figure out what you're going to say, then get married and live your happily ever after." Chloe says, carefully. The two decided on what they were going to do and started getting prepared for the arranged marriage.

Present Day

The team meets in the living room of Aaron, Cliff, and Melody's "house". Once they meet in there, they realize that Juliet is not in the room. "Colin, where is Juliet?" Aaron questions the man staying out the window. "I don't know where Julietta is?" Colin responds, coldly. "Okay, he's on his own page. Summer, do you think you can find Juliet?" Melody questions. "I could try." Summer says. "If you find her, tell her to get her archery-loving self over here now." Melody demands. "I will." Summer leaves to find Juliet and after 20 minutes of constant searching, she just about gives up until she hears a familiar voice call her name. "Summer." The voice calls. "That voice...I know that voice." It calls for her two more times, until Summer starts to follow the sound of the voice into a forest. Summer looks around and doesn't see anyone, but instead finds a memory box.