Chapter 1

The competition season had been going pretty well overall for the Abby Lee Dance Company. Nothing more had happened to Chloe since she had returned to the team to perform her duet with Nick back in September at the beginning of the season.

Now the team was approaching the end of the competition season and it had been a long and hard year of work for all the girls and moms on the team. 

All the girls were standing in a line waiting for Abby to come in and start the pyramid for the last time of the season. Abby walked in five minutes later and walked over to the mirror where all the girls pictures were laid out in order of their performance last week, only being covered by a thin sheet of white paper.

"Girls. I am very happy with your performances last week. We had a clean sweep and I want the same this week at Starpower. We will be traveling to Raleigh, North Carolina. Starpower is the biggest dance competition in the entire US. You all need to perform like the true professionals I trained you to be. With that being said, let's go over why there is no pyramid formation and all of your pictures are in a straight line." Abby said walking over and uncovering all of the girls’ pictures. "I think you all did fabulous last week so there will be no pyramid this week. However there will be many routines for all of you to learn. We will have a group dance, two trios, one duet and all of you will have a solo. I will go over you dances when we rehearse what you are in. Now, the group dance is lyrical and will be called, "The Sun Will Rise." For the trios we will have a trio of Kendall, Maddie, and Paige. The second trio will have Mackenzie, Brooke and Nia. Finally the duet, Chloe, I will be bring Nick back." All the girls started clapping and Chloe smiled and a blush crept up onto her cheeks. "I am having you two do a duet because you have undeniable chemistry with one another and the judges love every minute of it. The duet will be called, "While I'm Waiting."

Chloe smiled, she couldn't wait to have another duet with Nick ever since Nick had revealed his feelings to Chloe all the way back at the beginning of the competition season, Chloe had been confused about her feelings for him. She didn't know if she liked him as just an older brother or if she liked him more than that. Chloe reached up and grabbed onto the heart shaped necklace that Nick had given her at the prom. She wore it constantly and never took it off no matter what. 

"Alright, girls you have ten minutes to stretch and get warmed up and then we will start the group dance." Abby said, before dismissing the moms and walking out the door to go grab the music she would need for the dances. 

As Chloe went down into her right split, her mind kept wondering back to Nick. How would their duet turn out, would it feel like it was only the two of them together when they performed it, and mostly all Chloe wondered was that maybe this was her chance to see how she truly felt about Nick, and to also find out if he still felt the same way.

Sorry it's so short! I will have the next chapter up soon, I promise! :)