Chapter 14

Chloe and Nick spent the next four hours at dance. Nick was doing some senior classes while Chloe worked on the group and her solo. When rehearsal was finally over for the night Chloe was exhausted.

All of the girls had worked hard, perfecting the group number and their solos'. They would be leaving the next day for the competition and Chloe wasn’t sure if her mom would be able to come this time with her Grandma being in the hospital. 

Nick's mom came back to the studio to pick them up at the end of rehearsal and as soon as Chloe and Nick got in the car and put their seatbelts on, the two of them fell asleep.

When they arrived back at Nick's house, Nick's mom shook Nick awake and then Nick shook Chloe. Nick and Chloe got out of the car and walked up the sidewalk of Nick's home. Nick's mom waved to them, watching to make sure they got inside safe before she left to go back to work. 

Once they were in the house. Nick and Chloe needed to start packing for the competition. Nick waved to his mom out the window as she pulled out of the driveway again.

"So, does pizza sound okay for dinner?" Nick asked. Chloe nodded her head and then Nick called the pizza place.

Nick ordered the pizza both to his and Chloe's liking. "They said it would be about a half hour for it to get here." Chloe nodded and looked at the clock. It read 6:30 p.m. "so it should be here at about 7." She said, thinking out loud.

"We should probably start packing while we wait." Nick pointed out.

"You're probably right." Chloe said. All the costumes had been given to the girls by Abby tonight so they would have them for tomorrow. Chloe also had enough makeup in her dance bag that she could get through the competition with.

Nick and Chloe walked up the stairs to Nick's room. Chloe pulled her dance bag into the room and rummaged through the pockets looking to see where her makeup was. When she finally came across it she made sure she had her brush, a few ponytails, hairspray, eye shadow, liquid eyeliner, and blush. After she made sure she had all her make-up and hair supplies, Chloe started to look for her makeup brushes. It was important for Chloe to have her brushes because otherwise it would be very hard to make the stage makeup look good with the little brushes the store gives you along with the makeup you've purchased.

Chloe walked back down the stairs of Nick's house like it was her own and grabbed her costume that was hanging over the back of the couch where she had laid it when they walked through the door.

Chloe grabbed the three costumes that belonged to her. She had one for the group dance, one for her solo and one for her duet with Nick. She smiled at the thought of her duet with Nick it was absolutely perfect. If people liked the last duet they had together they would surely love this one they were performing tomorrow.

Chloe walked back up the stairs into Nick' room, to find him rummaging through his drawers. "What are you looking for?" Chloe asked, laying her costumes down on his bed before walking up behind him and standing on her tippy toes, peeking over his shoulder.

"I can't seem to find my navy blue tie." Nick stated, still digging around. He continued to dig for a few minutes and Chloe watched in amusement over his shoulder.

"Ha! I found it!" He exclaimed, pulling out the tie that had caused him so much trouble. Chloe laughed as she clapped her hands. "Good for you." She said, before walking over to his bed and grabbing costumes.

Chloe put the three of her costumes in her garment bags that were designed specifically for costumes. Once she zipped the final zipper on the third bag Chloe's iPhone started ringing. She ran over to her phone to see it was her mom calling.

"Hey mom." Chloe chirped a smile appearing on her face, as she sat down on Nick's bed.

Nick smiled as he looked over at Chloe. Her face seemed to glow with happiness since she was now talking ot her mom. Chloe and Christi had such a close and loving relationship. Nick wished that he had a close relationship with his mom like the one Chloe and Christi shared but sadly he couldn't. Since his dad wanted nothing to do with him and his mom, Nick's mom seemed to work almost every hour of everyday just so Nick could have the best life he could.

"How's Grandma?" Chloe asked.

"Not well. I'm sorry Chlo, but I don't think I can make it this weekend. I have to stay here with Grandma." Chloe looked down sad that her mom wouldn’t be able to come to Nationals but understood because of her Grandma's health condition. "It's okay." Chloe said.

"I'm really sorry Chlo. I want to be there and see you dance, but I just can’t leave Grandma alone when she's like this." 

"I understand." Chloe said.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too. Now I've called Abby and have informed her that Nick is going to be looking after you and you will be staying with him in his room, okay? Also if you need help with your hair and makeup Kelly is going to be the one to help." 

"Alright." Chloe said, trying to hold back tears but a few still made their way down her cheeks. Nick saw and stood up walking over and sitting next to Chloe on the bed wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"Do good Chlo. Dance your heart out." Christi said.

"I will. Love you Mamabird."

"Love you too Chlobird."

Chloe hung up after that pressing the end call button and looked up at Nick with sad brown eyes. The door bell rang and Nick stood up offering Chloe his hand. She took and the two of them walked down the stairs. Nick answered the door to reveal the pizza guy. He paid the pizza guy and then shut the door walking towards the kitchen.

"C'mon Chlo, let's take your mind off of things by eating some pizza!" Nick said in a girlish voice, making her laugh and a smile appear on her face. These were the moments Chloe would remember forever. Nick was the only person that knew exactly how to cheer her up.