Chapter 5

When Chloe ran out of the room after falling down during her turn sequence, it shocked Abby and Nick. Neither of them knew if she was hurt or just fell they had no idea what to think. 

"Nick, what was that all about?" Abby asked him.

"I have no clue; she's been acting really weird ever since last night." He answered. "I'll go see if she's alright." He followed up on his previous statement. 

Nick had to admit to himself that he was kind of scared right now looking for Chloe. What if her brain tumor came back, although that was kind of hard to believe since the doctor said she would make  a full recovery and be perfectly fine.

Nick walked out of Studio A and headed towards the girls bathroom. He stopped when he was standing right outside the door. "Chlo?" He called out. 

Nick waited a full minute before calling her name again. When he got no response Nick made the decision that he would have to go into the girls bathroom to make sure Chloe was alright. He hoped that no other girls where in there otherwise it would be a very awkward and hard situation to explain.

Taking a deep breath in Nick pushed the door leading into the girls bathroom open slowly. He heard little whimpers coming from inside one of the stalls. His heart instantly broke when he heard Chloe crying. He knew it was Chloe crying because no one else was in the restroom and he had heard the little whimpers he was hearing now, too many times before. 

"Chlo..." Nick called out, knocking on the door of the stall she was in. 

Chloe sniffed and sucked in a breath when she heard Nick's voice. "What is he doing in here?" She thought to herself. When Chloe reached to grab a sheet of toilet paper to wipe her nose on she accidently bumped the lock on the door, causing the door to unlock and open slightly. Nick walked over to the door and pushed it all the way open. 

When Nick walked over and pushed the door open it revealed Chloe. Her face was all red and blotchy. Her eyes also were bloodshot. This made Nick even more upset, her eyes shouldn’t have been all bloodshot and puffy from crying. They should have been the sparkling brown that they normally are.

"What's wrong Chloe? Nick asked, grabbing her wrist lightly and pulling her out of the small space. When Chloe stood up and tried to walk away from Nick she immediately fell into him, crying into his chest. Nick rubbed her back and gave her a light kiss on the neck.

"Tell me what's wrong. Please Chloe." Nick begged, his voice cracking he hated seeing the girls at the studio upset, especially Chloe. 

Chloe sucked in a breath and then pulled away from his chest. She walked out of the restroom and into the dancers den. This left Nick confused and he walked out of the restroom after her, following her to see where she was going. He saw Chloe walk into the dancers den and dig through her bag. She pulled out her phone and started scrolling through something. Soon she walked over and handed him her phone. On the screen was the message he had sent her earlier.

"Explain this." Chloe said.

Nick read the message over and was shocked. He hadn't sent that message. He would never tell Chloe that he hated her and it as about the farthest you could come when you were talking about his feelings for Chloe. 

"Chlo...I didn't send this to you. I didn't even write it." Nick said the shocked look on his face. He brought his eyes up from the screen and they were wide as could be.

"That is your number right?" Chloe asked a hint of anger and sass in her voice.

"Yeah...But I didn't-" Nick tried to explain. He paused for a minute trying to figure out a way he could explain this to Chloe. "Someone else must have typed and sent it to you." Nick claimed. He was trying to figure out who would have gotten a hold of his phone and sent this to Chloe.

The previous statement Nick said made Chloe role her eyes. "So you're saying that someone got your phone without you knowing, sent me the message and made it look like you were the one who sent it?" Chloe clarified.

Nick nodded sheepishly, knowing Chloe didn't believe him. "Bye Nick." Chloe said, before grabbing her phone from him, putting it back in her dance bag and then walking back into Studio A.

Nick stood in place for a few more minutes, trying to figure out who he had been around that day that could have possibly sent the message to Chloe. He then remembered an important detail of the day. Andrea had asked if she could see his phone at school earlier today. This sent alarm bells off in Nick's head he then only had one thing on his mind. He needed to talk to Andrea.