Chapter 10

Nick and Chloe let go of each other a few minutes later. Chloe got off of Nick's lap and stood up. Nick stood up also and the two of them laced their fingers together and started walking towards the door. Nick opened the door and held it open while Chloe walked out and he followed, their fingers still laced together.

The two of them were walking down the hallway and they saw Christi looking around. She was probably looking to fins Chloe was Nick's guess. Chloe let go of Nick's hand and ran over to her mom. "Hi mom!" Chloe chirped.

Christi jumped a little with how happy Chloe sounded. She was happy that Chloe didn't seem upset anymore, but was a little caught off guard. Christi then turned and saw Nick walk up behind Chloe and all of her questions were answered. Nick always had, had a special way of calming Chloe down.

Once Nick was standing beside Christi Chloe began to speak. "Hey mom?" Chloe asked, grabbing Christi's full attention. "Hmm?" Christi hummed, looking over at Chloe.

Chloe looked in between Nick and her mother. They were both looking at her with their full attention. "Do either of you think Miss Abby would let me back in the studio?" Chloe asked. Both Nick and Christi's faces went pale. They didn't want to hurt Chloe's feelings but everyone knew how harsh Abby could be. "Chlo, if you go back to dance again. You are going to have to go through the wrath of Abby just like Brooke did when she tried cheerleading, and Brooke didn't even compete with the cheerleaders!" Christi started. 

"I know but now since I've tried cheerleading and I don't like it, it made me realize how much I miss dance." 

Christi sighed. "I know Chlo. I can tell you don't like it, but remember you didn't choose to leave Abby's. She kicked you out of the studio. It was for a stupid reason that she simply overreacted about but that's still what happened." Christi said. Once she said it she saw Chloe's smile drop a little bit. 

"You could at least try to talk Abby into letting you dance at the studio again." Nick suggested. He missed seeing Chloe at the studio everyday and he knew the girls did too. 

Chloe looked at her mom. "We can try I guess. Do you want to talk to her today?" Christi asked Chloe. "No, not today I want to think about how I can explain the things that happened that day to her." Chloe answered. 

Nick nodded along with Christi. He had a feeling of hop in him that Abby would let Chloe back into the studio. Chloe had too much talent to just throw out the door like that. "Speaking of which, Chloe why did that girl trip you, and who is she?" Christi asked.

Nick gulped and so did Chloe. "Uhh..." Chloe looked at her mother who was staring at her. "Her name is Andrea and she's on the cheer team." Chloe said. Christi nodded in response. "Okay. But why did she trip you?" 

Chloe took in a deep breath and looked at Nick, who had the look of guilt in his eyes. "It's a joke that we have one day when I was grabbing my bag after practice I stuck my leg out to far and accidently tripped her so, she was trying to get even with me. It was a harmless joke between us, that's all." Chloe said letting out a fake laugh that sounded genuine. She hated lying to her mom but she didn't want Christi to blame Nick for all the things that had happened in the past two months. 

Christi nodded. "Are you sure that's all that happened?" Christi asked a finally time a smirk appearing on her face and letting out a laugh. "Okay, now you're just teasing me." Chloe said, starting to laugh with Christi. She walked up and gave her mom a hug. 

Nick looked down at his watch and saw the time. "Well I better go I perform in about an hour, Abby's probably looking for me." Chloe nodded and said goodbye to Nick as he walked off. 

After Nick left, Christi went to go talk to the cheer coach while Chloe went back to the dressing room and packed up all of their belongings. Chloe was happy she didn't have to cheer ever again. Dancing was her true passion and that's all she wanted to focus on. She still had the dream of being a rockette and she wanted to achieve that goal before she with dancing for good. 

The following Monday after the cheer competition at school Chloe explained to Paige her plan and asked Paige if she thought Abby would let her dance at the studio again. "I miss it so much." Chloe said before taking a bite out of a strawberry. "How did you guys do at the competition?" Chloe asked, wanting to know how they placed.

"Not so good, and Abby was really mad. The group didn't even place and the only solo that placed was Maddie and she got eighth overall." 

"Eighth?" Chloe asked.

"Yep." Paige said, popping the p at the end and nodding. 

The two of them ate the rest of their lunches in silence until the bell rang dismissing everyone from lunch adn two their lockers then onto their eighth period class.

The school day ended two hours later and Chloe was at her locker, shoving her math and science textbook into her book bag when Paige ran past her shouting, "Bye Twinnie!" Chloe laughed and zipped her book bag shut. "Bye Paige!" 

Chloe walked out of the school and got on the bus. Twenty minutes later she was finally home. She walked into the house and threw her book bag on the couch. "Hey mom." Chloe started walking into the kitchen where it looked like Christi was busy baking. "Hey, Chlo." Christi called seeing Chloe walk into the kitchen. "Hey, what are you baking?"

"Brownies." Christi answered simply. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if we could go talk to Miss Abby today." Chloe asked. Christi thought about it for a minute and then answered. "Yeah, just let me finish baking these brownies." Chloe nodded and then walked up stairs into her room. 

Chloe changed into a neon pink bra top and matching bootie shorts. She then threw on some jeans over her bootie shorts and a t-shirt over her bra top before grabbing her dance bag and walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. 

By the time Chloe had gotten changed and grabbed her dance bag the brownies were done. Christi grabbed the car keys and then the two of them were walking out towards Christi's white van. Chloe got in the back and Christi got in the front and started driving towards the Abby Lee Dance Company.

"Are you sure you want to do this Chlo?" Christi asked.

"Yes, I miss dancing and seeing my friends." Chloe answered a smile appearing on her face.

"Do you want me to go in and talk to her with you?"

"No I need to do this on my own it was my mistake." Chloe said. The rest of the car ride was silent. Christi was focusing on the road and Chloe was thinking of what she would say.

Within five minutes Christi pulled into the parking lot and Chloe got out of the car and grabbed her dance bag throwing it over her shoulder. Chloe walked towards the door and then opened it and walked into the lobby. Abby was the only one sitting behind the desk and when she saw it was Chloe who walked in here eyes almost popped out of her head. "Hi Miss Abby." Chloe said.