Chapter 12

Once all the girls and Nick were done stretching Abby called them over to her so she could go over the story of the group dance. All the girls and Nick walked over and gathered around Abby.

"Girls, the group dance is untitled "Bringing Chloe Home" all of you know how you have felt over the past month without Chloe being here, correct?" The girls and Nick all nodded their heads. "Now Chloe you know how you felt being away from the studio." Chloe nodded and turned her head to look at Nick for a second. The two made eye contact for a second and then shifted their attention back to Abby.

"So all of you know the feeling of this number. It's deals with the concept of Chloe not being here, but instead of leaving, she was kidnapped and now you are all searching for her so you can bring her back home where she belongs and can be with her family again." Abby finished. All the girls nodded their heads, and Brooke raised her hand. 

"Yes Brooke." Abby called.

"So in a way it's like "Where Have All the Children Gone." Brooke said, trying to understand the concept of the dance. 

"In a way, but instead of them disappearing and not coming back. Chloe will be lost, but you guys find her and bring her home." Abby clarified. Brooke nodded her head and then Abby had the girls spread out to start learning the routine.

"Okay, Chloe I want you here in the center to start off the routine. Now have your head resting on your knees, and then do a back walk over into a chin stand." Abby said. "I know this is going to be a little hard for you since it's a little bit more of acrobatics, but just try it." Chloe nodded and did what Abby told her. She went up into the chin stand and held it for eight counts. "Good." Abby praised. "Now the rest of you will be acting like you are looking for her, running around whispering in one another’s ears. You are spreading the word that Chloe had gone missing. Now Chloe. Nick is your kidnapper." Abby said. Nick and Chloe smiled at one another and tried not to laugh.

"So since you two go hand in hand with the story of the dance, you both know what that means." Abby trailed off. "Partner work." Chloe finished. 

This caused Abby to laugh her students knew her so well. "Yes, you two will be doing lots of partner work. Now not at the moment but as of right now I just want to work with Chloe and Nick on the group dance, everyone else go to tap in studio C." Abby instructed the other girls.

All the other girls waved o Chloe, Nick and Abby as they walked out and into the dancers den to put on their tap shoes. 

"Okay, now Chloe acrobatics isn't your thing, but that's how the routine is going to start. So instead of it just being a contemporary number it will be an acrobatic contemporary. Now I'm going to throw some new things you have never done in the routine, which is why Nick you are in here because you are going to spot her." Nick nodded and moved to stand behind Chloe. 

"So, from when you go down from your chin stand, you are going to do a combination of 4 attitude turns and a barrel turn then run and go into a switch firebird leap. Got it?" Abby questioned. Chloe nodded and got into position, she was fine with the turn set and then when she went to do the leap.   She did the leap fine but almost fell when she landed but luckily Nick was there to catch her. 

Abby, Chloe and Nick worked on the routine for a while longer before calling for the other girls to come back in so they could finish the routine. They worked hard and fast for the next hour and a half and finally the routine was complete.

Next Abby wanted to work on the duet with Chloe and Nick do she dismissed everyone for the night except the two. "Okay, now your duet is called "Hello, Good Morning Beautiful." Abby said. Nick and Chloe nodded in response. "Now your music for the duet, Nick I'm sure you have heard this song, it is Fall for You by Secondhand Serenade." Nick nodded his head, he had heard the song about a million times from when his sister played it, or he sometimes listened to it himself when he thought about Chloe.