Chapter 7 My First Kiss

Chapter 7

It was a cold dark night when the Friday dance came. Trinity came over early and dressed me up as a normal girl again. I know what your thinking, how did she get long hair again? Well, we used a wig with the same color hair I use to have. I went with Trinity to the dance because she didn't have anyone to go with, so we made Eita and Eri go with us because we weren't guys and we needed a date to go. Also, the girls had to as a guy out to go to this dance. I didn't want to go, but she persuaded me anyway. We walked into the gym with my brothers and I didn't recognize it anymore because it was decorated, so nicely. Trinity ran off to talk to the girls on the cheerleading team, while everyone I knew acted like they didn't know me because I looked like a girl again. Then suddenly out of nowhere I hear," I didn't know Ren wouldn't come." I turned around and saw Kuroko drinking a vanilla shake. Also, Kagami was right next to him eating some kind of fast food burger. I said," Hey guys, nice to see ya." "Who are you?," said Kagami. I said," Ummm, I'm..." Before I could finish, someone grabbed my arm and lead me to the dance floor. I yelled," No don't bring me there!" Trinity yelled at me, "Are you so stupid? We came here to dance, girl!"

Trinity and I were on the dance floor dancing. I was tired because Trinity forced me to dance when I didn't want to. Then the song "Footloose" by Kenny Logins, came on and it was epic. We did one of the cheerleading dances she did in middle school that she taught me to do. Everyone watched us as we danced in a old fashioned way mixed with pop. When it came time for a slow song, I walked over to where people were hanging out. I started looking for Kuroko because I wanted him to see me like a girl, but if he found out he would probably tell the coach anyway and betray me. Kagami was standing near where all the people didn't dance. My brother Eri was making fun of him because he didn't have the guts to ask a girl to dance. I knew what game they were playing, the Eri and Eitat played at the first dance last year. They called it a game of manhood, where they had to have the guts to ask a girl to dance. Kagami sighed and walked over to me and said," Would you like to dance with me?" I walked with him to the dance floor while Eri was getting super mad. We started dancing and I put my arms around his neck. It was very awkward because I was so, short. I could tell he felt the same way then the song ended.

Another slow song came on and someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see Kuroko right behind and he said," Can I dance with you?" " Sure," I said and I could hear my heart beating really fast. We started dancing and I could hear some girls angrily whisper to themselves. I heard one girl say to another," They look so cute together, I'm so jealous. I want that guy to dance with me." Another girl whispered to another, "He's mine! Nobody can have him, not even you girls or that girl dancing with him can have him!" I tried to ignore them, but I couldn't because they were too painful.

We danced the rest of the night together, until a hour before it ended, Kuroko brought me somewhere in the hall. He said," Do you remember me? From the last basketball game in the United States?" I did, but I was going to lie, so I said," I don't remember you, sorry." Then he kissed me and my mind went blank. His kiss was going to be my first kiss because none of the guys wanted to kiss a tomboy. Well, maybe none had the guts to. Then I heard some footsteps and I heard Eita say," Why are you kissing my girlfriend?" I know why he said this, because if he said sister Kuroko could figure it out. Kuroko turned around and said," Oh, sorry, Eita. I had no idea that you had a girlfriend." "Don't kiss her again!" Eita said, and he grabbed my bad arm. I winced in pain, but Eita didn't pay attention to the pain I was in. Kuroko saw it and I knew Eita just gave my identity away.

After the dance, I walked home with a huge group of people who were: Eita, Eri, Trinity, Kagami, and Kuroko. We kept talking about how Eri was so shy because he couldn't confess to a girl he liked. Eita just laughed at him because when Eita was a sophmore, he confessed to the girl he liked, but she rejected him. Eri laughed at him, but for this to happen is funny. Trinity, Eita, and I laughed because we knew Eri was a coward. Kagami and Kuroko were quiet because they didn't know what was going on. We walked to the train station and, when we got to the train station, we all got on the train. Eita sat on my left and Kuroko sat on my right. We all nearby, but we took the train since it was night. While we were riding the train I accidentally fell asleep on Kuroko's shoulder! I don't remember the rest, but my brothers said it was hilarious, but he treated me like we were a couple. They said he also offered to carry me home, but Eita did instead. He got off the train early with me in his arms saying that he would bring me home. He didn't want Kuroko to know I was actually on his basketball team.