Chapter 13 Working with the Enemy

Chapter 13

When I woke up, Kuroko was caring me, bridal style and Kagami was gone. He said, "You want to win that badly because you want to make your teammates realize what losing is. I want the same thing for the guys that played with me in middle school." I looked up at him and said, "Yea, I want them all back to normal. We use to best friends, but it all changed." "The guys on my team never trusted me, but Kagami and you, always trust me." "We have so many things in common," I said without knowing what I was saying. He nodded and I pretended that I didn't give out a stupid comment like that. I asked, "Is it ok if I walk on my own?" He nodded and he helped me get on my feet. We started walking to my house, where the dark alleys whisper in your ear, their greetings of hello. We walked down into the suburbs and we stopped at my old busted down house. We said goodbye to each other and I opened the front door to find my brothers running towards me. They tackled me down saying," Welcome home Ren, you worried us!" I looked out the door and saw Kuroko was already out the gate. He turned and saw me tackled by my brothers. He smiled and turned down the street, walking home.

I went to bed late because Aito was raving on, on how he was traded to the Golden State Warriors. This team was all the way in San Francisco, California in the U.S. We all started talking about what to do about this. Aito acted all offended because in his eyes, the Warriors weren't really a good team in his eyes, while the Warriors were at rank 23. The Boston Celtics were at rank 9 and the Chicago Bulls, his dream team, were at rank 2. He was really mad about being on a rank 23 team. He said, "The Golden State Warriors are the crappiest team in the NBA!" I then answered, "You can make them a better team than they are, Aito. You can lead them like an alpha wolf leading his pack." He then looked at me and smiled saying, "You always show the bright side of something. I'm glad you're my sister." I put the covers over me and thought of how we were going to beat Shotoku High. Then, instead of thinking about the Shotoku game, the image of a blue haired and blue eye boy came in my head. I then started blushing for some weird reason, and I thought, why am I blushing like a idiot? Then I fell asleep, while still blushing.

I woke up the next morning with Eri trying to wake me up. He said, "Wake up! You have a basketball game dude!" I dashed as quickly as I could to the bathroom, to shower and get ready. I also ran downstairs to the kitchen, where Eita had prepared a little breakfast for everyone. Aito was reading a newspaper talking about the sports in the Americas. Daiki was reading a magazine on boxing and Eita was polishing his fencing sword. Eita said to me, "We have a lot of activities today. Daiki has a boxing match, Eri has a fencing match, and I have a judo match. I'm sorry we can't all make it." "I'll go to your basketball game," said Aito energetically, "I'll drive you there too." He kept smiling while I got my basketball shoes on.

We all got in the car and drove to our activities. We rushed to where Eita was suppose to be, then to where Daiki's boxing match was and he said to me, "Good luck Ren, keep your head high. Don't let people just get into your head and keep you mind open." We then drove to where Eri was suppose to go and he just gave me thumbs up and ran into the building. Now it was only Aito and I, rushing to Shotoku High gym. When we got there I ran through the crowd to catch up with my teammates. Then someone grabbed me and said, "You better win!" I looked at the person quickly and saw Ai giving me a death glare and I glared back at her, giving her my "going to war" glare. I said, "I won't lose to them that easily."

I ran quickly to where my team was and she was still holding me, so she came along with me. When I stopped in front of the team, I heard Ai stop and grabbed my jersey, moving her other arm back punching me. Then someone slapped her hand off of me, and I turned to see Coach Aida say, "Stop bothering my players!" "Oh, Ren and I are old friends," said Ai. I replied saying, "You are just a girl who is best friends with my old teammates, we are not friends." She punched me but I dodged it and hit her hard in the head. She moved away from me dazed, and Trent rushed over saying, "What the hell Ren, you bitch!" Aito ran over and said, "I saw it all happen, Ai started to pick a fight with Ren. She yanked Ren's shirt and punched Ren, so she ran over here for protection. When you guys didn't do anything except to say something, she took it her own hands to show Ai who was higher than her. Thats how I see why Ren punched her." Ned looked over at me and angrily said, "You dirty rotten scum! Hurting one of our players! She might have a concussion! For pay back, you are going to be her substitute!" Coach Aida said, "Okay, she will because you are down one player, but thats all." "What!" yelled the whole entire team.