• 2 the merch •

ᴛᴡᴏ

ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇʀᴄʜ

*𝟏𝟏 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫*

Seokjin groaned at the loud banging on his door. He grumbled until he reached it. He opened it to see his acolyte, his roommate, but most of all his best and only friend.

In eleven years, a LOT had happened. Seokjin was a changed man, even his face changed, gnawed by so many unsleeping nights, and scars defining how terrible he lived his life until now. Taehyung was the only person he bore to be around, the only company he actually enjoyed.

"Where were you?"

"I have bad news." Taehyung was a little younger than him but just like him, he was the only one he trusted. The men were at the head of a smuggling network. They were responsible for bringing any type of cargo under the radar of the quarantine areas.

"What?" He frowned when he looked at his friend's chest. "-wait. You're hurt?" He approached him and caught his chin in between his fingers to examine his face. 

"That's what I wanted to say

"That's what I wanted to say. Ru and his men attacked me."

"What?!" The older couldn't control his irritation. Taehyung was all he had left and touching him was implying attacking himself too. "Ru?! Our ex-associate?"

"Yes, who else?" Taehyung rolled his eyes and slapped Jin's hand off of his face. "I'm fine but he knows we know about the cargo he stole."

Jin groaned. "Argh, I'm gonna destroy him." He spat between gritted teeth.

Taehyung crossed his arms on his chest, amused about how his friend couldn't stay calm when it was about him. They cared about each other but they were never saying it, they simply showed it.

"He's probably hiding somewhere."

"Yes, and I think I know where." Taehyung smiled knowingly.

"Stop with the smirk, I hate that."

Taehyung laughed and followed Jin who was already about to leave.

"We don't have a second to lose." The cargo Ru was stealing wasn't just any, it was a big and important one. A cargo full of weapons. Taehyung and Seokjin never trusted the man, so they weren't sure about what he could do with it, or to who he could sell it. He could create another apocalypse in the quarantine area as if the outside wasn't already chaos.

The pandemic had spread everywhere, not sparing a single part of the earth, 70 percent of the population was infected, the humanity was ravaged. Big cities were transformed into quarantine areas where were most of the survivors, but the conditions were awful. It was every day eye for eye and tooth for tooth. There wasn't enough food and people were becoming beasts for survival. No one was allowed to come in or get out of one of the quarantine areas, they'd be killed the second they tried to escape.