Introduction to Mortal Capture the Flag

Annabeth Chase

We decided that after everyone got settled in, we would play a game of capture the flag, war games tomorrow. It's going to be Greeks against Romans, mortal way sadly, because they haven't had much training to be trusted with swords. Maybe one day we can do heroes vs students, that would be fun. And we can also play with the hunters! We also think this would be a good bonding opportunity and a way to kinda get to know how we do things around here.

"Okay everyone! We are playing capture the flag tonight! Greeks" the Greek demigods cheered. Percy had to yell to get them to stop yelling. "Vs Romans!" the Romans cheered.

"Once you get more training, we will play demigod style! Where we play with swords, shields and magic items, but you don't have those yet. We will serve as your referees and battlefield medics." They looked at me like I was crazy because I said battlefield. "So today if you get tagged then just go to the other teams jail, no cheating! Greeks, you will be in the classic Camp Halfblood color, orange and Romans, you will be in the classic Camp Jupiter/SPQR color, purple! We are not using armor today so we will not have helmets and can just wear t-shirts."

TO BE CONTINUED...