Chapter 29

Member
——————————————————————

Aldeheid could still remember what happened next, the time the alpha declared a war. Sobrang bilis nang pangyayari na hindi niya man lang namalayang nakalabas na pala silang apat. Romeo in front them, leading and clearing the way, gestured them to move fast.

None of the girls knew how to fight against magic, kaya walang nagawa sina Jarriet na umilag nalang sa mga paparating na mahika mula sa maliliit na pigurang hindi kailanman ay naisip ni Aldeheid na totoo palang. They were little creatures with long hair and pointy hats. Aldeheid have once read about little people but she never believed they were real.

"How the hell did Cartenia get the gnomes to side with her?" Claudette cussed when a small crack of the ground consumed her foot. She got back up with a whip in her hand, cursing and throwing the gnomes with a powdered ball that turns into ashes once hit.

"Saan mo 'yan nakuha?," natutuwa na si Jarriet nang makaalis sila sa bakuran ng pinagtataguan nila.

"From the dead." Claudette casually answered as if what she said was not terrifying, "Oh—don't worry. These are ashes from criminals and animals, some were from the hybrids but I already got their permission to make use of their ashes as weapons. I actually have thousands of these in my lab." she added when she noticed the look on their faces.

"Just how the hell did you make them?," si Romeo na hindi makapaniwala.

Claudette could only shrug, "The moist and molder do all the work."

It was the first time ever that Claudette witnessed a fight, it wasn't even a normal fight between fists. All they did that time was run and hide—because it was only Romeo that did all the work and a little by Claudette and Jarriet—who was surprisingly good at one on one combat—her only con was that she had to use her fists against magic.

"Lady Jarriet—" pagtawag ni Romeo na may pag-aalala sa mukha.

The thing is, the alpha's wife is pregnant. And whatever happens to her and the baby, Romeo will have to take all the blame.

After a long run, they finally managed to encounter the alpha and Adelaide who was in her green coat and a mask that covers half of her face. They were in the middle of a fight when they found them. Jarriet immediately collapsed into the alpha's arm. Mabilis namang napatingin si Harrison kay Romeo na kanina pa'y nakataas ang dalawang kamay sa ere.

"I tried stopping her but she kept on blackmailing saying it's what the baby wanted." he defended and it was true, that's why Jarriet ended exhausted.

The alpha couldn't blame him, after all, it was him who declined when Romeo volunteered to also look after his wife. Napasuri siya ng tingin kay Aldeheid at nang makitang nasa kalagayan pa ito ay nakahinga siya ng maluwag. Now that everyone is here, the last person he needs to find was Callum, who happened to have separated from him after the explosion.

Napatingin ulit siya kay Aldeheid na kanina pa balisa, "Is there something wrong?" he asked.

She shook her head and said, "I'm just a little worried about Callum since he's the only one who's not here."

"Don't worry, he's not yet dead." he assured but only added Aldeheid's anxiety.

A minute passed before a loud bang got their attention. Mabilis nila itong puntahan para lamang masaksihan kung paano sirain ng dalawang uso ang isang lumang bahay na namukhaan ng alpha.

"It's their old house." he whispered and they immediately understood that it was Cartenia's old house, where her and her adopted kids lived before.

A loud cackle echoed through the forest and vibrated throughout the ground. As it grows louder and higher, there came the witch who started everything.