Chapter 28

Identities
——————————————————————

A day later passed by in Malcolm and everyone was gathered at the front of the mansion. It was the day that the alpha addressed the issue about the war. Everyone has finally been able to breathe the moment they heard about the news. It was a relief for the people in Malcolm to hear about Cartenia's death. Not only did she ruin her adoptive children's lives but as well as some families in the town.

They all bowed down to hail all people who fought during the war and to honor those who risked their lives for Malcolm.

"For Malcolm's victory, we rise!" the alpha shouted and the people immediately repeated with their arms up on the air.

Callum shot up from his seat the moment the door opened. He was immediately faced by Doctor Beau's smiling face, followed by the bored look on Doctor Watsons that was at her back.

"How is she doing, doc?" he faced Doctor Watsons instead of Juliette.

Doctor Beau immediately pouted, "Just when did the two of you become friends?"

Doctor Watsons chuckled, "I promise to tell you after my discussion with him. For now, let yourself rest first. It wouldn't be good for you and the twins."

Callum could only raise his brows from what he just heard. Juliette playfully spanked her husband's arm, "I told you to keep it between us first!" she squealed shyly.

Doctor Watsons laughed, "Nah, just making this man jealous." he meant Callum.

Callum only rolled his eyes on Quinn—Doctor Watsons's name. "Congratulations! I hope they will get your features instead of this guy's." he embraced Juliette and punched Quinn's shoulder.

"Para saan 'yon?" ngiwi ni Quinn.

Callum smirked, "Pinangunahan mo'ko." aniya.

Nagpaalam na si Juliette na umalis kaya naiwan silng dalawa sa labas. Quinn asked Callum what their alpha did to the men behind the sabotage, and Callum could only shrug his shoulders.

"He took their privilege off them."

"Iyon lang?," dissatisfied Quinn.

Napangise roon si Callum, "Do you really think that's the only thing the alpha can offer? Baka nga ay iyon lang sana but that was until he found out about all the forging they did. Even Cragmere was implicated by their mess. Hindi naman siguro papayag si Harrison na marumihan ang lugar na pinakaiingatan niya. Especially that it carries his family history."

Quinn could only nod in agreement. "Mabuti nalang at agad natin itong nalaman. I honestly would blame myself as well if something happened to Ms Roswell. I'm one of the doctors in-charge of her case, and knowing how much connection this woman has with my wife, baka mabyuda ako nang wala sa oras." biro niya bago napaubo sa suntok ni Callum, "Nakadalawa ka na, ha!"

"Hindi naman iyon masakit." asar ni Callum sakaniya.

"Ano, ikaw ba ay ako? Kung si Aldeheid kaya suntukin ko?" that was supposed to be a joke but Callum took it a little bit serious.

"Oh! Gago 'to, ikaw nauna, eh!" halos dumapa na si Quinn para lang makailag sa akala niyang susuntok na si Callum.

Umalingawngaw ang halakhak ni Callum sa buong pasilyo nang mapanood ang itsura ng kaibigan nito. He wasn't really going to hit him, and he also didn't take what Quinn said seriously. Gusto niya lang malaman kung gaganti ba ito kapag nasasaktan. Callum could feel light in his heart when he observed that this guy is not someone who lays fingers on his wife. Quinn's initial reaction to pain is nothing more but confusion. Nalilito dahil hindi niya alam ba't siya sinasaktan.