Chapter 13

Bakugo POV

-Rewind to about 19 years ago-

For a moment, I was a speck of light, now I formed into a little boy. Where am I? What happened? Where's my mom and dad?

"Hello there, young Bakugo." Huh? Who was that?

"Wh-Who's there? What happened to my parents?!" I shouted out, "Show your face you coward, I'm not afraid of you! And my name is not Bakugo!"

The voice chuckled, "Why of course it is! That's what your parents wanted to name you before you were born."

Taken aback by their response I was a bit startled when they mentioned 'before I was born'. "What are you talking about?"

Hearing the voice sigh, they spoke up again, "Bakugo, you died while your mother was carrying you. I'm afraid you can't go back. Unless... nevermind."

"What? What is it?! Is there a way that I can see my parents?!"

"Now, this is your choice and your choice alone. You could come with me with all the other unborn children to a place called 'Mount Olympus'. It's a really beautiful paradise where there are rulers called the Gods who'll watch over you. Most of all, every unborn child that comes with me will be trained to be a guardian for a mortal."

Mortal? "What's a mortal?"

"Mortals are people that are living beings that roam amongst earth. As for guardians, their task is to watch over their assigned mortal, otherwise on earth known as humans to see if they're doing alright or are in need of help from the Gods."

This may be the only chance I could see my parents. My mother who carried me until I was born and my father who would always wait for the special day to arrive. "If I do become a guardian, will I be able to see my parents?"

"I cannot guarantee that you will, but the only thing that I can guarantee is that if you become a guardian, there will be an age requirement for when you have to stop being one and then serve to a God or Goddess, and then, and only then, you will take their place and you may be free to do whatever you like with a huge amount of responsibilities," they finished. There was a bit of silence until they spoke again, "So let me ask you again, Bakugo. Will you come with me to become a guardian?"

That's a lot to figure out. But... "So... what if I don't want to be a guardian, what will happen to me?"

"There's a God named Hades, since you died, you'll be a lost soul that must be carried out to the underworld. Since you have no purpose, you'll be bound for being stuck for all eternity in the underworld."

Oh...kay. That's not something I want to do, "I'll go with you. If I have to go through this just to find my parents, then I'm willing to do that!" I exclaimed as I held my head down.

The voice chuckled at my response, "I'm glad. Because you're a bright kid with a lot of goals that are yet to be set. Come along now, more children will be on their way." Without knowing what was going on, I started taking steps. Wait, how am I doing that? How come the only thing I remember are my parents? There's just so many questions that I want answered, but now doesn't seem like the right time.

Time has passed during my stay here at Mount Olympus. The voice wasn't lying when they mentioned that a lot of unborn kids were coming along too. Survival rate for unborn children to live is like 20%. I noticed that during these past five months I still stayed the same.

Right now, a group of kids, including me, are asked to come into a chamber. Another kid, I'll call him Dumb hair was next to me. I never saw him as a friend, but he had others too and decided to have me join their group. Nothing irritates me more than having a bunch of people I don't know bothering me.