Chapter 7

Izuku POV

The door slammed wide open and I started getting used to it, it never seemed to faze me anymore. "Hey, Hey, Hey! Got you your favorite ham sandwich from the Uraraka's!"

"Heh," I set my tools inside the belt that I was wearing that was carrying my tools and went up to Rody with my sandwich, "Thank you for going through the trouble to get me a sandwich."

Rody waved it off, "Ah, it was nothing. It's the least I could do just to make sure you're getting your energy. By the way, the statue looks pretty good."

"It's not just good. This is the first time that I'm making something that's actually turning out better than good. He's turning out beautiful." I exclaimed as I only took a bite of my sandwich, set it down on a table, and went back to my project.

"Dude, you need to take a break," he told me as I took a different kind of chisel to add details to the chest.

Just as I was about to do the details, "How many abs should he have? More importantly, what's the average amount of abs a person can have?"

He just stared and blinked at me about four times and gave me a deadpan face, "What kind of question is that? Why even ask me that to begin with?"

"I don't know! You look like someone that can be really well built with all the running on top of buildings, because you sir, could have really strong legs that shouldn't look that skinny."

Rody held his mouth agape for a moment until he spoke up, "I don't know whether I should think of it as a compliment or downright creepy." He joked as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

Can he stop making my observation skills look weird? Okay, yes. I observe people a lot, especially when it comes to details on anything that I only notice. I'm not trying to be creepy, I'm just stating an observation that's true. "I'll have you know that I mostly pay attention to the little details. You jump from building to building almost everyday, therefore, you have strong legs with a whole lot of muscle."

"Erm. I prefer if you didn't use the word muscle," he cringed when I said that and shuddered, "Besides, my legs are strong, but they're pretty average. I mean, look at me! I'm built like a twig!"

"Yeah, like that's a stupid excuse. If you were a twig, all your bones would break, and the only time that happened was, as you said from your stories, when you were ten." I remarked as I finished the front of the shoulders and brought out the collarbone a little bit. I blew off the dust and brushed it off with a little brush.

"Huh. Touché." He nodded his head thoroughly as I could hear his footsteps come closer and closer to me. Just in case, I stepped down from my stool and waited for the footsteps to stop.

Suddenly, the distance between us became close as he embraced me from behind. It caught me off guard a bit. Lifting my head up a bit, I leaned back into his touch and just stared at him.

Something about this interaction felt very... strange. Is strange the right word to describe this? I don't know. I only got to know him since the time he tried to steal a necklace from me. That odd encounter made us get to know each other more than ever.

Despite it being different for some reason, it's quite the opposite when I lean into his touch. It's cold, but nice and soothing. But the touch then went away as he unraveled his arms from me.

I slowly turned around and I saw him covering his face with his hand. He brought it down to where I can see his eyes, and moved his hand away to near his ear where his index finger is lightly touching it. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

"Oh... um. I really didn't mind it at—." A loud bang was heard by my window, "Are you kidding me!? It better not be those kids again!" My feet stomped on the floor as I made my way to the window and looked down to find a bird by my window sill.