Third

"So, how'd it go?"

Shigaraki sat down on the couch with Dabi, who was staring off into space.

"Bastard's the same as always. Can't take a single hint." Dabi laughed, if rather brokenly, and Shigaraki tsked.

"Well shit, that's what happens when you fall for a hero. I'm telling you, this is a bad idea."

"Thanks for the advice."

"You're welcome. Now get out of my sight, I've got work to do and I don't need your moping ass disturbing me."

With a scoff, Dabi trudged off to the darkness and comfort of his room, shutting the door.

He leant against the frame with a sigh.

This was stupid. That hero was obviously going to stab them all in the back at some point or another, so why did he try so hard to impress him? He only saw it as an odd act of friendliness, anyway, completely oblivious to the fact Dabi was trying to get quite a different message across. So damn blind.

And though he helped quite a bit, Shigaraki was still reluctant to the whole thing, and was constantly telling him he needed to get over Hawks, which deep inside, Dabi knew was only right. A relationship with the winged hero would only wind up in Dabi getting hurt, taking his job into account - being out and about around the clock saving lives really wasn't Dabi's thing, and it would be impossible to hide any sort of romantic connection between them considering how much fame Hawks received being the Number Two Hero.

In simple words, they could never work out. The two were exact opposites to each other, and nothing could change that.

The villan slid down the doorframe with his knees to his chest and a heavy sigh, a troubled mixture of confused feelings and loneliness.

___

pah little sad emo ass bitch hurry up and realise you like shiggy already