✦ chapter sixteen

16.
they say love is where the heart is but does it
have to be the hardest, i don't know what my favorite part is when all i've done is only start it ❜ — let u go, dafna

❛they say love is where the heart is but does ithave to be the hardest, i don't know what my favorite part is when all i've done is only start it ❜ — let u go, dafna

SINCERITY
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

TUNEFUL MELODIES RESONATED everywhere about the stadium. Reverberating soundtracks flowing along with the sentimental voices of diverse fans in the crowd. You could sing along with them if you could and dance around the room too. Though, your fellow producers, that are in the same room as you, had nothing but judgement in their appearances, and seemingly only care about is the show's success.

You watched as Akatsuki perfomed on the crimson stage. As Souma sang his portion of a solo, you bite back your girlish cheer. Then, Kuro sang another line with Keito. Every single one of their foot movement, precise and elegant as were their hand gestures with their traditional costumes. You were stopped from tearing up from what historical performance you're witnessing when your coworker did a countdown for you, starting from ten.

"Got it...!" You lowered a lever, a few clicks of switches and the sound of a beat drop went off. The background of the stage changed from crimson to a gorgeous golden hue. A crescent moon dropped in the middle behind the trio, and sounds resembling several fireworks produced after. You clapped once, mouth opening into a grin as the audience squeals with their glow sticks in the air.

"I'm off to announce the next performance. I'll be back in twenty." You announce. Fukui stood on the other side of the light system room. "Okay, don't forget the extra line." She calls out as you slipped out the room. The woman sighed, now all left with hoping that the young producer heard what she said.

On your way to the broadcasting room once again, you hummed the song Akatsuki performed earlier. Your steps bouncy, enlivened at the adrenaline this 'producer' job gives you. It was cut short when you heard a light giggle emit from the other end of the gray hallway. Your announcement doesn't start until ten minutes, and you had been on your way to the broadcasting room, but any of your idols' company would always win you over.

"Sora, we mustn't make too much fun of this silly senpai here. Else..next thing you know, he'll piss himself in front of the producer." Natsume scoffed jokingly. Sora let out one of his confusing noises. You can hear Tsumugi profusely deny Natsume's ruthless teasing with a whine. You thought for another moment, if you should go up to them or not,

"Natsume, please stop acting as if I have a fleeting crush on L/n. It's not like that." Tsumugi sounds worn out at that. You can imagine an exasperated, but good-natured smile on him. A look only he can cultivate.

"Senpai, Sora thinks it's okay to feel like this when someone cheers you up. Sora doesn't think it's necessarily love, so smile. Smile."

You're not oversensitive to believe you can help these guys with all their situations. That being said, you also think joining in their conversations at any time will make you look desperate. However, this conversation involved your name, so surely no one can reprimand you for rounding the corner and putting yourself in front of them.