5

Fayth

Fayth

One month later

"Beauty and the beast, pretty girl with a gangster. I swear, you still the baddest in the room with no makeup." Maliyah and I rapped 'Martin & Gina' by Polo G.

"Ouuu this my shit!" Maliyah said as she bobbed her head and threw back another shot.

All of a sudden the music cut off and there stood Mama Maverick.

"What I tell you about cussing in my house little girl? And stop playing all this loud thuggish music. On a Sunday at that. Read your bibles." She said walking back towards her room.

"Or at least go to your own house." I heard her mumble from a distance.

Maliyah sat there mugging and I laughed taking a shot.

We had been at Maliyah's mom's house for the past couple of hours. We didn't really have a reason as to why. We just preferred hanging out there.

We sat and talked about the drama going on around this neighborhood. Just the same old same old.

The door creaked open a few moments later and then entered Malik.

I hadn't seen him since Mama Maverick's cookout and I had told him everything that had been happening to me.

He assured me he would take care of Anthony and that is exactly what he did. I don't know how but I hadn't seen or heard from him in two weeks.

Lately, it seemed as if Malik was trying to avoid me or maybe it was the other way around. I didn't particularly feel like communicating with him right now.

His broad figure walked into the living room and his tatted arms were covered in sweat. He looked good as fuck. Not even going to lie.

"Wassuh beautiful and Liyah." He nodded in our direction. I instantly looked down, slightly embarrassed.

Maliyah scoffed "What is yo sweaty ass doing here?"

"I was jogging in the neighborhood and thought I would come to see my mama. If I would've known your boujie ass would be here I wouldn't have come." He shrugged.

She threw a pillow from the couch at him causing him and he caught it instantly. "Boy, fuck you."

"Maliyah, you might want to slow down on the liquor. Yo gut poking out." He said and ran towards his mother's room.

Her mouth made an O shape and so did mine. "Ouu ima kill him." She said and I busted out laughing.

"What you laughing for? I peeped that. Y'all got something going on." She chugged another shot

My laughter instantly stopped. "What do you mean by that?"

She rolled her eyes in annoyance. "He called you beautiful. Usually, he would say something rude but not this time."

I gave her a look and licked my teeth. "Trust me, there's absolutely nothing going on with me and him."

She took a sip of water and looked at me with a knowing look. "If you say so."

Twenty minutes later

Malik walked out of his mom's room and straight into the kitchen.

Maliyah was in her old bedroom changing for a girl from around here's block party. So I took this as the perfect opportunity to talk to Malik.

I walked into the kitchen to see him grab a box of cereal. When he noticed me, he smirked and raised his eyebrows.

"I thought you wanted me to stay away from you." He said as he put the cereal into a bowl.

I tooted my lips. "That is what I want..." I trailed off.

"So watchu doing in here?" he turned to look at me.

I felt small under his presence. His tall muscular body towered over me, causing me to blush.

"I just wanted to thank you," I said lowly.

"Thank me for what?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

I shrugged. "I don't know what you did or how you did it. I don't want to know either. But thank you for getting rid of Anthony." I stared up at him waiting for his reaction.

He shook his head. "It's nothing, ma."

"I told you you're a part of my family and I'm going to always protect the ones that I love."

The word love caught me by surprise but I instantly shook it off, thinking he means it in a familial way.

He looked down at my lips and he licked his. His brown eyes stared intently into mine and he placed a hand on my cheek as he started to lean in.

"Fayth where you at? I'm ready!" I heard Maliyah yell causing us to jump two feet away from each other.

"Fayth I-" Malik started but I instantly sped away from him and into the other room where Maliyah was.

I don't know what the hell was about to happen but I was going to make sure it didn't happen again.

*******
Two hours later

"Yeah girl and I told him if I ever saw that bitch holding my baby again, I would beat her ass." Some girl said to a group of us.

She was talking about her baby daddy's girlfriend holding her baby.

"As you should, I wish a bitch would," Maliyah said hyped up about the conversation.

I on the other hand could give no fucks about whatever they were talking about. I was just going to mind my business and listen.

I sat on the couch quietly next to them as I bit into a piece of barbecued chicken.

Most of the people were outside talking and eating, overall having a good time. I, Maliyah, and about three other girls sat in the house on the couch. They thought it would be a good time to catch up on everything. I rather stay outside and away from the drama but Maliyah lived for it.

"Speaking of babies..." A light skin girl named Alyssa said. She sat on the couch across from me with a big smile on her face.

The girl was only eighteen but she was cool so we fucked with her. I've only seen her about a handful of times.

"I'm pregnant!" she said loudly and everybody yelled in shock.

Maliyah's eyes went even wider and she made a weird face.

"Is the daddy who I think it is?" She asked.

Alyssa's smile widened and she nodded, "Yup, you're going to be an aunt. There will be a little Malik Jr. running around here soon."

Only then did I really interact in this conversation. "Malik is going to be a father?"

*******
Comment and Vote🫣

Should I make my chapters longer?