22

MalikTwo months later

Malik
Two months later

"I really need a decorator by today. I have no idea how I want our baby's room to be. Hell we still haven't even redecorated the rest of the house like we said we would months ago." Fayth complained as she sat on the couch eating potato chips and sour cream.

"Okay I know a girl who can help. She's an interior designer. Her name is Stella I'll see if she can come by some time next week." I said and she nodded.

"This pregnancy is really flying by so fast and we aren't prepared whatsoever."

"Stop stressing Fayebaby. Paisley is gon be so spoiled and loved when she gets here. Everything will be set up and ready."

"How can I not stress when she's kicking the shit out of me every five minutes. This girl never sleeps." She groaned and I started laughing.

"Ain't nothing funny.This is all your fault. " She rolled her eyes as she pointed at her swollen belly.

"My fault? You was literally begging for it. If I remember correctly?"

She was just about to say something when my phone rang from in my pocket . It was Snoopy, one of my night time bartenders for my club in town.

"Yeah?" I asked

"Ayo leek, the club done been shot up and there's glass and shit everywhere?" Snoop said in distress.

"Man what?" I stood up as I went into my room to get one of my guns.

"What's going on?" I heard Fayth call from the living room.

"Yeah man, and it's a girl on the floor. I think she dead man and there's a couple other people hurt too. Get down here as soon as possible and the police already on the way."

"Shit!" I yelled as I hung up the phone. I didn't know what to say or do at the moment. I have never been in a situation like this. And I damn sure don't need the police at my place of business. The club is where I kept everything, my money, my drugs, my guns.

Shit can go left real fast. I walked back into the living room where Fayth was now sitting up putting on her shoes.

"What's going on bae?"

"My club just got shot up and there's a dead girl in there. Where you think you going?"

"Oh my god! I'm coming with you." She said as she tied her hair up.

"No your not. Your six and a half months pregnant. You don't need to be around all that. It'll probably traumatize you." I urged.

"I'm going." She said in a persistent tone and I knew she meant it. She was coming one way or another and I didn't feel like arguing.

"Only if you stay in the car." I said with my eyebrows raised and she nodded.

We were out the door and in the car within the next couple of minutes. I was stressing because I was pissed about this whole situation. Who the fuck even shot my club up? I clenched the steering wheel as I felt myself getting madder by the minute.

"Get my phone and call Draco. Tell him to meet us there." I said to Fayth as she nodded.

"He's not answering." She said after a couple attempts.

Man fuck!

We got there in about ten minutes and there was police cars everywhere and yellow tape around the building. There where about three ambulances as well which meant shit was serious.

"Stay here. I mean that shit." I said to Fayth and she nodded. I parked the car and ran into the building.

"Sir you can't go in there." An officer tried to stop me but I ran past him. I wasn't tryna hear whatever the fuck they had to say right now.

Snoopy was right. There was glass everywhere and bullet holes in my furniture. What really got my attention was the girl who was on a stretcher with a bullet wound in her neck.

I had to walk closer before I could make out who it was.
Just then it was as if my heart fell out my chest and the world stopped spinning.

"Maliyah?" I asked as I looked at her lifeless body.

"Do you know this victim sir?" One of the paramedics asked and I barely gave a nod as I felt my legs start to feel weak.

"Is-Is she?" I asked as tears started to fall.

"Just barely breathing . She has a faint heartbeat. We need to get her to the hospital as soon as we can." The man said and I nodded as they took her away.

"Malik!" I heard my name being called from across the room where there where booths. There I saw Draco, Deonte, and Ace.

Paramedics tended to all of them but they seemed fine for the most part. I walked over to them where I saw a crying Draco.

"It's all my fault man. She was trying to save me!" He yelled through his tears.

"What the fuck happened? Who did this shit?" I yelled as I started getting angry.

"Leon and that nigga we beat up ...Anthony, they came in here with a couple other dudes and they just started shooting at us. Maliyah saw Leon point the gun at Draco and she jumped in front of him." Deonte explained.

Anthony? Fayth ex boyfriend? The nigga who put his hands on her? The fuck was he doing with Leon bitch ass?

"I'm sorry man. I should've been trying to protect her. It all just happened so fast...I love her." Draco cried.

"It ain't your fault bro." Ace told him as he tried to calm him down.

"So where them niggas at? They got away?" I asked as I clenched my fist.

"Yeah. They left just as fast as they had came."

So many questions raced through my mind but the main thing I could think about was revenge.

I needed to tell Fayth what was going on so she could be at the hospital with my sister while we looked for Leon and Anthony.

If my baby sister died because of them bitch ass niggas, the whole word gone feel my rage.

*****
Comment and Vote..