10

Fayth

Fayth

"Stop fucking crying! You wasn't crying when you was acting a damn fool in front of my mama."  Malik said loudly as he had Alyssa pushed up against his car with his hands around her throat.

Everything was happening so fast I could hardly keep up. Malik wasn't his normal self he was angry.

"Malik stop!" Mama Maverick yelled as she ran past me and Maliyah.

Malik wasn't trying to hear a word she had to say because it seemed as if his grip around Alyssa's neck got even tighter. Alyssa gasped for air but there was no use.

"She's pregnant with your baby, Malik!" Mama M yelled as she got closer to them.

It was as if something clicked in his brain because he instantly let her go and backed away slowly. Alyssa was in a coughing fit as tears streamed down her face.

"It's not my baby." He said lowly and everyone turned to look at him in shock. Including Alyssa.

"Yes it is." Alyssa said with wide eyes.

"No the fuck it's not. You can stop your lil game now, I already know wassup." Malik said waving her off.

There was a small look of hurt in his eyes but he blinked and any sign of emotion was now gone.

Alyssa poured as she looked down at the ground and her leg shook nervously.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Maliyah yelled as she walked beside her brother and I did the same.

"Yeah what are you talking about?" I asked. Those were the first words I spoke since he arrived and I could tell he noticed.

He looked into my eyes for a couple seconds before looking back at Alyssa.

"The math didn't add up and I guess she thought I was a stupid nigga or something..." Malik mumbled

Mama Maverick walked up to Alyssa "Is this true little girl?"

Alyssa just nodded her head slowly and it felt like a bag of bricks had been lifted off of me.

A small part of me wanted the baby to be Malik's so that I would have a reason not to deal with him anymore. He would be bad for me and it would never work. He was to into that thuggish lifestyle and I'm not.

The other parts of me were glad that it wasn't his baby because deep down inside I felt something for him.

"Hallelujah! Thank you God!" Maliyah yelled as she stomped her feet and threw her hands in the air.

Normally I would laugh at her antics but I was too in shock to say anything.

"Lord knows I'm getting too old to be dealing with this bullshit. I'm going to bed and Malik use a damn condom next time." Mama M said before she slowly started back walking into her house.

Alyssa sobbed loudly and Malik and Maliyah had an identical look of disgust on their faces.

"Bitch, why are you still here?" I spoke taking the words right out of their mouth.

"Yeah what she said because I'll beat your ass now, with no remorse." Maliyah clapped her hands and Malik looked at me.

Alyssa waddled towards her little old Nissan that was parked at the end of the road.

"Ima need a damn drink. You coming Fayth?" Maliyah asked as she walked toward the house.

"Nah, I think ima head home. I got to email some agencies back and I'm kind of tired." I said as I checked my Apple Watch. It was almost seven.

"Okay be safe, I love you bestie." She said to me.

"Bye Malik." She said dryly and he chuckled.

Soon it was just Malik and I outside. It was a little awkward to say the least.

Him and I haven't talked much due to the fact that we all thought he had a baby on the way.

"I- I should go." I said pointing at my car as I began walking off.

He grabbed my hand making me turn all my attention towards him. "Can I talk to you for a minute, ma?" His voice came out all raspy and all the nerves in my body started tingling.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. Everything is still you know... fresh." I said as I looked down at the ground awkwardly.

His thumb caressed my hand he was still holding while his other hand tilted my chin up to look at him.

My heart was damn near out my chest by now and he knew it.

"Please, Fayth give me a chance." He pleaded. His eyes were the only thing soft about him. He always gave off this gangster persona but right now the gangster side of him wasn't present.

I thought about his words for a couple of seconds. I wasn't sure I was ready for whatever he had to say. Everything was happening so fast today, I just need some time to clear my head.

"Fine we can talk tomorrow. I got some business to take care of and I'm sure you too." I said quickly.

Malik looked at me with excitement in his eyes but he kept a calm facial expression.

"Okay, I'll text you." He said and I nodded.

"Ima do right by you babygirl, I promise." He let my hand go and unlocked his car. He gave me one last look before he opened the door.

I did the same with mine and got in as quickly as I could. I was nervous about tomorrow and I hadn't even had enough time to process everything that happened today.

I had stopped to grab some Mexican food and I also went to the beauty supply store to grab a few necessities. By the time I got home it was almost nine.

I sighed as I entered my apartment. It was the exact same as I left it. It a really beautiful apartment complex but it got really lonely at times which is why I spent most of my time with Maliyah.

I ate my food and cleaned up around the house for a bit. Afterwards I got my hygiene together and changed into some pajamas.

I basically fell onto my bed as my phone dinged.

Malik🙄: Goodnight 💕

I sighed before putting my phone on Do Not Disturb. I tried to clear my mind as I fell asleep.

*******
How did y'all like this chapter?

Are you glad Malik is not the father of Alyssa's baby?

Comment and Vote! :)