24

Fayth

Fayth

That same night

"I can't believe this shit," I mumbled to myself as I looked at the time on my phone. It was 3:28 in the morning and Malik still hadn't come home.

I stayed at the hospital until visiting hours were over and then Deonte dropped me off at home. He said Malik was taking care of business and would be home soon.

I knew he whatever he was doing had something to do with whoever shot Maliyah. I wasn't upset about that, I was upset because at the moment I needed him most he wasn't there.

It's been over 24 hours since the shooting happened and Malik's been gone for most of those hours and he's only called to check on me once.

I prayed he was okay and deep down I knew that he was. I was just ready for him to be done with all this bull shit. For the sake of our unborn child, I hoped he would put all this behind him.

I went into the bathroom and ran my shower. I stripped from all of my clothes but before I got in I looked in the mirror. My belly was sticking out quiet a bit and I was now 31 weeks in my third trimester.

I felt like a bowling ball. I had never weighed this much in my life and as a model I always tried to maintain my weight. I couldn't help but wonder how my body would look after the baby was born. I'm sure it would look quite different but I would learn to love it.

I shook my head and got into the shower. I cried a little as I began to think about Maliyah. She still hadn't waken up and there were no changes. I washed my body off quickly because it hurt my feet to stand for too long and this baby had my whole body swollen.

Once I was done I dressed in a Victoria Secret PINK night gown. I lotioned my whole body down and put my hair in a bonnet. I went down to the kitchen to grab some grapes and sour cream. It was my favorite pregnancy combo craving so far and baby girl loved it.

I was cleaning up after myself when I heard the door open.

"Baby! You up?" I heard Malik's deep voice rumble through the house.

I said nothing as I continued cleaning. Shortly, he entered the kitchen and I barely spared him a glance.

"How you feeling?" He said as he hugged me from behind but I shook him off.

"What you doing all that shit for?" He raised his voice.

I sighed as I sat my towel down on the counter and I turned to look at him. He didn't look like himself. You could clearly tell he had a long day. His eyes were low and he had bags under them, his clothes weren't as clean as they were when he left the house, and I could smell weed and alcohol on him.

"Malik this shit can't happen again! We're about to have a family now. I don't want you out here in these streets anymore." I cried.

"Fayth you knew what you were getting yourself into when you met me."

"You're right I did. But this isn't what I want for us. For our baby. I wanna give her the childhood I never had."

"You're putting our lives in danger every day Malik."

He sighed as he pulled me in for a hug. "I'm sorry baby." was all he said. I hugged him back but I still cried.

"And Maliyah, she's in the hospital because of you're drama..." I trailed off not wanting to blame him but I couldn't help it.

He slowly pulled away from me "Don't you think I know that shit Fayth!" he yelled causing me to jump.

He noticed my fear and his facial expression softened "C'mere." he hugged me again.

"Look I ain't mean to yell at you but I'm trying my hardest to fix all this shit okay. Ima make it right." he hugged me tighter and wiped my tears before placing a kiss on my forehead.

He walked out of the kitchen and a few moments later I heard the shower running.

I was in no mood to continue cleaning so I washed my hands and made my way to bed. I was almost asleep when I felt the bed dip and Maliks' strong arms wrapped around me.

"Everything gon be good okay?" I nodded in response as I tried to get some sleep.

******
A week later

Fayth

"So Maliyah, Malik, and I have decided to change the baby girl's name," I said as I held Maliyah's limp hand. She still lay in the hospital bed with breathing tubes. She was on life support and slowly declining.

"We both know how excited you are about this baby. And you've been so strong. You're still fighting." I smiled through my tears.

"So we're going to name her Serenity. She's going to have her aunt's middle name." I smiled.

Just then I swear I felt her squeeze my hand. I jumped back in shock.

Malik came into the room with Chipotle and sat it down on the table. "What's wrong baby?" he asked as he took in my facial expression.

"I swear she just squeezed my hand," I said in surprise. Malik hurriedly came over to us as he looked at her and her eyes began to flutter.

She was waking up.

****
Y'all I am so sorry! It's been over a year since the last update😥
I had forgotten all about this book. Don't kill me y'all.

I am going to finish it I promise. Fr this time🤣

And thank you guys for 22k reads and 700 votes! I just might cry!

Comment and vote.