Chapter 1

Everleigh glanced over at her older sister, wondering how she got dragged into this.

Evelynn happened to be 14 minutes older then her, and somehow. Now Eve was talking the Nest leader's son into believing that Ever was his mate and that he was just confused.

"Because we just look so much alike." she thought sarcastically to herself.

Ever rolled her eyes.
They were fraternal twins.  Eves hair was more of a rose gold, to Ever's more platinum.  Their eyes were the same shade of pale icy green.  Eve was much prettier.  She was shorter and slender.  Everyone liked her more.  No one really wanted to spend time with Ever, but she didn't let that bother her.  She would rather be alone then with the people of her nest.

See there were groups of shifters, so the story goes.
The mermaids and merman of the water.
The harpies of the sky.
The wolves of the forest.
The lizards of the dessert
The bears of the caves.
And the Dragons that ruled over them all. 

See the Dragons were the only ones strong enough to set foot and thrive in another land, let alone battle there.

People were born into their faction of shifters, like Ever and Eve.  They belonged to the harpy shifters.  Humanoid like birds, when shifted they sprout wings from their backs.  They grew talons from their fingers, and their feet were bird like.  Their legs in shifted form strong enough to grab and hold another being up to three times their own body weight, like birds of prey.    They had extremely good vision for long distances, and the smaller they were, the lighter their bone density.  The easier they flew.

Since Eve was the skinner and smaller twin, she was seen as the more desirable twin in their culture.  Which was fine with Ever, she didn't like any of the small men around anyway.

The nest leaders son, turned on then.  Walking up to Ever, he must have been convinced, because now his pale yellow eyes did not leave her.   He approached her, his fine feather like pale golden hair blew in the wind at his fast approach.  He was the typical build of a Harpy, slender and about five foot eight.

Which was just weird to her, since she was the same height.  She looked down at her more rounded figure.  She was considered fat, and had big shoulders.  She glanced back over at the male Harpy approaching her, one she easily out weighed by thirty pounds. 

Ever dropped her gaze then, ashamed of her body and of her predicament. There was no way he was not going to critique her every step of the way.  There was no way any of this would work.

"For Mother Hen's sake, he wasn't even her true intended mate" She thought to herself.  She could feel it, she would not be of age to know for sure for another year, but that did not seem to matter to Jonesy.

The only thing that mattered to Jonesy was the blood line, and Eve and Ever were a long line of pure Harpy warriors.  No outside matings, no other shifter blood mixed in.  Their line was the second most pure line in the Nesting region, only behind the Nest Leaders line. The pecking order had to stay established, and only those with pure blood could help maintain that order.

No, Jonesy Peck only cared about her name.

Everleigh Lightfeather.

Oh, Mother Hen, please help me!