Chapter 5

You're late!"  A woman from inside yelled.

Janine pulled her shoulders up to her ears sheepishly.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault.  I was trying to tell her about the color scheme, Mrs. Clucking."  Janine explained from the door way.

A skinny woman emerged from a patchwork of fabric and glared up from her tiny four foot eleven stature.

"OH help me, Mother Hen,"  She muttered to herself walking around Ever.  "So much to do!"

Ever watched her turn and glare at Janine. "Shoo!  I must work!"

Ever watch Janine straighten up and run out of the room.

"Tsk tsk," Mrs. Clucking said as she circled her again. 

Ever jumped as the older lady's boney fingers poked her in the sides and belly.

"Darling, you are supposed to peck at your food, not eat everything in sight.  Have you no self control?"  Her cold black beady eyes met Ever

"From here on out, you will have to be on a diet."  The older lady said as she walked away.  Ever watched her grab a tape measure and come back towards her. 

She wrapped it around her waist, and sighed when the two sides did not reach.  "Fatty,"  she mumbled as she wandered further into the room.

Ever sighed and looked into the mirror beside her.  It is not like its not something she had heard before.  Everyone in the nest questioned why she was bigger then the other girls.  Why she was taller then most the males their age.

Why instead of seeing the bones of her hips, they saw pockets of fat. 

She had heard a gaggle of teens laughing at her the last time she flew.  They taunted her and asked how she could keep all that weight in the air.  Telling her not to get too high or she would get too tired under her weight and crash down the mountain side.

Ever shook her head trying to get out of those bad thoughts, it had been two years since the last time she flew.  Two years since she ate three times a day.  She had actually stopped eating for a few weeks, due to all the taunts and gained weight.

The dressmaker came back this time.  she had two tape measures literally taped together.

"Now lets measure. Bust 34.  waist 24. hips 34" Mrs. Clucking gasps as she writes the notes down. "No no, girl you must eat less.  You need to be more like your sister.  I had to measure her for a golden dress too.  Her bust was 28, waist 20, and hips 30. Her hips are a little big for egg rearing, but she is slender enough and of good blood, some male will over look her flaws. "

The mean woman walked away to set down the measuring tape and walked back. "You on the other hand...." she rolled her eyes as she shook her head.  "You are embarrassing.  Thank Mother Hen, that when I studied amongst the animals I found out about spandex and corsets."  She muttered.

Ever watched the mean woman start to work.  She grabbed a sheet of pale golden fabric and hung it on a mannequin, paused and brought over a second mannequin, and continued to drap the fabric over both slender models.

"This will take me all evening!"  she yelled to herself.  As she went about affixing the two sheets of fabric to each other.

 Ever froze as she mean women's eyes landed on her again.

"Do yourself a favor, and starve.  That is the only way I can make you look good enough for our poor Prince of the nest."

((author notes: did the whole chapter show up for you?  I had to reupdate and fix a few things to get chapter 5 and 6 to appear.  Is it all there? Or is it four paragraphs?))))