Chapter 14: Surprise

Hi guys! Sorry for the long hiatus, i know a lot of you are probably dying for the next chapter but apparently we're still working on it. However, I will be presenting the new chapters with my own ideas instead because I don't want any of you to wait any more longer as well! (I sincerely apologize for the long wait ;-;) This part is not from pum.pie's  ideas so I'm just like taking over it for the time being xD. No more waiting now, let's continue! 

After a few days from what happened before during my video call with Hakken. I was clearly upset that day due to how Hakken is texting someone else during our call. I know I'm being a little too jealous over what happened but... I mean, anyone would feel ignored when the person you're calling is texting someone else, right? 

During school, we didn't talk much as well, mainly because Hakken is busy with his group project. I didn't really put much thought into it as well. However, I do feel a little lonely these days. Well, maybe we'll just sort it out soon. Or maybe I'll forget about this strange feeling soon. I don't wanna get pulled back as well. 

After school, my mind is mostly just blank or just tired from after all that studying. All I can think about is going home quickly. 

Hakken came to my seat while I'm packing my books. "I'm heading home first. See you tomorrow." he said with a smile. 

I looked up at him then the corner of my eye noticed a girl standing by the class door as if she's waiting for someone. She kept looking towards where Hakken and I are so I guess she's waiting for him then. I'm not anyone to him so why am I feeling upset? I thought. Seriously though, this is really getting to my mind. "Yeah, sure. See you." I just answered. I don't know what else should I say. Asking him to let me join along them? That's stupid. I can never do something like that. 

Hakken nodded and turned around, walking towards the girl. He said something to her then she chuckled. They left a moment later and I'm here, left alone. Whatever, I should just get home.  As I thought, we're just friends, nothing much, so I don't have the right to stop him from seeing his friends, or what... right? 

I just quietly went home and flopped on my bed. I laid there for longer than I expect. Then the night falls. I finally got up when I heard the doorbell rang. "Mom!" I yelled, hoping she'd answer the door instead. But then I only realize she's not home today because she went to dinner with her friends. 

This is tiring... 

I went to the door and checked the intercom, seeing the girl from school standing there. Oh god, why is she doing here? I don't even know who she is... and how did she know my address? I thought to myself. 

"Who are you?" I asked through the intercom. 

The girl looked towards the camera and waved. "Hi! I'm Giselle. You must be (your name), right? Hakken asked me to come because he left something here and his phone died on the way. Right now he's buying something at the convenience store so he'll be here soon enough. Do you mind letting me in?" she asked. 

That's strange enough. Hakken left something at my house? When was the last time he came? And he remembered it now?? The heck. I don't even know if I should open the door for her but since she said Hakken will be here soon then I guess it's fine? 

"What did he left here though?" I asked. 

Giselle scratched her head. "I'm not really sure but he said you'll know what he's looking for though. Since you know him very well." 

I froze from the last sentence. I know him very well? Well, I guess HE don't know me very well though. I sighed and just opened the door. Giselle looked at me and smiled. "Thanks for letting me in." 

I nodded with a small smile. She suddenly turned around and then Hakken walked up with a birthday cake that he's holding. "Happy birthday!" the both of them said together. 

Ehh??!