The Song of the Runaway Lovers

**This was a folk song I attempted to write for one of my stories**

Gotta Run-(Song of the Runaway Lovers)

There's a place he knows where the grass is green, where the birds chirp softly in the trees, where the world is calm and they can be free, just a skip of a stone down the river...

Run to the hills where they know they're safe, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run, run,
To the place where the rivers flow clear, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run.

Over the hills to the far off west, there's a place where the flowers bloom daily, where the creatures frolic through the deep green woods, oh what a marvelous sight...

Run to the woods of the newborn trees, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run, run,
To the place where the butterflies fly, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run.

Fluttering past riding silver beams, are the lonely wandering dreams, of the two young souls wanting only peace, uttering one last wish...

Run to the fields of eternal night, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run, run,
To the place where the stars shone bright, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run.

Lying still in the dark of night, the lovers meet their fate, with a carefree kiss and longing sigh, it is time they say goodbye...

Running far without regret, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run, run,
From the place that they can't forget, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run.

Out of the trees hidden by the night, is the soldier of the king, the sword of fate and a bag of gold, are the only things in his hold...

Run to the fate hidden by the night, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run, run,
To the blade that will take their life, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run.

Breathing slows as the sunrises, on this cold and dark day, but no longer are they able to stay, gone are the runaway lovers...

Run to rainbows in the sky, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run, run,
To a place where worries are gone,
gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run.

Run from the sadness and the fears, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run, run,
To a place they can be safe, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run.

Run from the sword that took them away, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run, run,
Somewhere that love is free, gotta run, gotta run, gotta run, run.