Chapter 5

Dinner was very much over and everyone started heading to the living room

Dinner was very much over and everyone started heading to the living room. A couple people had left for other reasons but majority stayed. I was still pissed. I sat through the whole dinner and didn't utter a word.

Why does he give a shit. He barely pays attention to me anyway.

I was angry but my thoughts were flowing. If this gets his pissed i'll piss him off ten times harder next time.

Gianna had invited me to stay over tonight to help her sneak out with Leo. I don't know how she does it past all the security but she does.

I went back into the kitchen and grabbed a slice of cake before joining everyone in the living room. I found the furthest seat from Emilio that was open and sat in it. Everyone gathered around with glasses of champagne in their hand for a joint celebration.

"I would like to make a toast. To my beautiful children and my lovely wife and of course the takedown of Dimitri once and for all!" Giovanni shouted causing commotion to erupt one he finished talking.

Everyone began sharing cheers and many "bravos" came out amongst the chatter. I smiled contently eating my cake glad that all my fathers Russian mess was somewhat over.

I quickly joined Gianna and Leo's conversation about all the things she wanted to do tonight keeping it at a low whisper. "Stay safe please, I don't need my head on the chopping block if you get caught." I said laughing.

"Oh shut up I won't take you down with me." G replied and her and Leo shared romantic looks. Gag me.

Watching everyone in the room suddenly anger spiked back up in me. I felt the burning gaze that I was getting from a certain someone across the room. I started eating my cake faster. He just reminded me that I was pissed.

My phone buzzed on my lap and I was struck with confusion at first. The text read, "I upset you yes?" After thinking about who just texted me it didn't take me long to realize that this buffoon got my number. "How did you get my number?"

"I'm sorry, it was out of anger and I didn't know where it came from. It won't happen again." The text read almost seeming sincere yet he completely ignored my question.

"I asked how you got my number." I look up at Emilio scrunching my eyebrows. I received another text reading, "Are you going to accept my apology Adora?" I thought about the text for a minute and the whole situation just pissed me off more.

More of so the fact that he never talks to me which drives me nuts, but the one time he has something to say it was rude.

I stood up from my seat to go grab another piece of
cake. When i'm mad I eat.