A beach tradition

It was a tradition that on the first day we are off for the summer we go out to the beach.
We play games, surf, build sandcastles, play volleyball ( I'm usually just the ball girl and run after the ball when it goes flying away.) and lots more fun stuff like that.

All my brothers knew how to surf since they were little, our mother taught them.
But I was never taught, so they try teach me but I always end up falling off .
I feel like I will never learn!

After I was dry from being thrown in the sea just a few hours before we decided we would go out and play games like we always do.
We all got changed into our swim wear. I was wearing a white swimsuit and the rest of them were just wearing colourful swim shorts.

I quickly grabbed my sand bucket and spade, towel and my blue kids surf board that had little white flowers all over it and went outside.

Levi, Hayden, Austin and Cameron brought out a net and set it up .
They started playing a game of volleyball and as per usual I asked to play and got told, "you are a bit to young to play, maybe next year!" by Cameron.
It wasn't fair!
"How can I be too young to play?" I asked
"He means you are too small, and is just sugar coating it to try sound nice" said Levi.
"Be nice! You can be the ball girl?" Suggested Austin
"But I am always the ball girl!"
"The ball is the best part!" Said Hayden.
He could make anything seem exciting and was good at comforting, which always persuaded me .
"Fine!" I said finally giving in.

The teams were Austin and Hayden against Levi and Cameron.
They were all really good at playing volleyball.
Which made me feel like a bigger outcast.

I made sandcastles while I waited for the ball to go flying up the beach so I could finally be useful.
Just as I was mid building a sandcastle I hear,
"Ball girl!"
I look up to see the ball heading toward the sea!
I quickly try chase after it .
It was now in the sea and being pulled back by the waves.
After some struggling and getting hit by waves and seaweed wrapping around my legs causing me to fall, I still couldn't get the ball.
I look back to signal for assistance and see them all laughing at me.
Seriously?

After laughing at me and watching me struggle they finally come over.

"You are a terrible ball girl 'princess Sailor'. " Said Levi
"No I am not! It's your fault for letting it fly away because of you bad volleyball skills! And it's Queen Sailor to you!"
"It wasn't even me who made the ball go flying, it was Hayden!"
"Hey stop fighting, you are a great ball girl Queen Sailor!" Cameron said after retrieving the ball from the sea.
"Thank you!"
"You just need some practice, that's all! But you won't be getting any from us, me and Hayden never let the ball touch the ground" Said Austin give Hayden one of those stupid boy high-five hug things that I never understood . Just hug normally or high-five!
"A lot of practice!" Said Levi.
I just rolled my eyes, but I knew it was true.

After a while of them play volleyball I had made six sandcastles! I was even able to put a sandcastle on top of a sandcastle. I was very proud of myself!
"Guys look!" I shout interrupting the intense volleyball game that had been going on. They all walk over and look at my amazing sandcastles.
"Wow! That's cool!" Said Hayden.
"Yeah amazing!" Cameron Agreed .
"Is that where you live Queen Sailor?" Asked Austin .
"One day, when I become Queen!"
"How long did that take you?" Asked Levi sweetly .
"Maybe ten minutes?" I say loving the attention.
"That's weird, because it only takes one second to crush!" He said while stomping on my sandcastles.

"Levi!" Shouted Cameron.
He just laughed.
I started to cry and stormed away.

I ran and sat on the steps of our front deck still crying.
I was finally get some attention from them after a half an hour of them playing volleyball without me and he crushes my sandcastles and the attention.
I was so upset.

I could hear muffled shouted and laughter by Levi in the distance.

Soon Hayden came over to comfort me.
He was good at it.

He sat down beside me and hugged me, while I cried into his shoulder.
"It's okay! I'll help you build new sandcastles!"
"He's a meanie!"
"Will it make you feel better if we throw him in the sea?" He asks wiping my tears.
I smile.
"Much better!"
"Come on!"

He holds my hand as we run over to Cameron, Levi and Austin.
"Get him!" I shout and watch as Hayden picks him up and starts heading towards the sea.
I hop on Austin's back as he and Cameron follow behind them.

When we reached the sea Hayden had thrown him in and was splashing him with water.
I was now the one laughing.
I helped him soak Levi with the freezing salty sea water.
Soon it was everyone against Levi .

Levi tried to fight back but was outnumbered until he soon surrender and apologised to me.
"Ok ok, I give up!" He shouts
"Say sorry!" Demanded Hayden.
"Ok!" Gasped an out of breath Levi .
"I am sorry Sailor!"
"Queen Sailor!"
"Seriously?"
I nod my head.
"Fine, I am sorry Queen Sailor!"
"That's more like it!"

"Now let's all help Sailor re-make her sandcastles!" Said Hayden.
I smiled as we all ran back to the sand.

We then spent the rest of the day making sandcastle and playing games.

A/n
___________________________________________________
The end of the second chapter :)
I hope you liked it!
Who is your favourite character so far?
What do you think will happen in the next chapter?
What do you want to happen in the next chapter?
I love hearing feedback and reading comments and if you have any suggestions on what you want to see happen next please comment them! 🤍
Don't forget to vote if you want ☺️.