seventeen

Monday. Ew. Layla has had the most Mondayest Monday ever today.

She had to take huge tests in all of her classes, like who does that? Usually tests are at the end of the week so Layla was beyond stressed out the whole day.

Nothing could calm her nerves about whether she passed or not. Her leg aggressively tapped all day and her friends grew worried.

Layla has a lot of things on her mind. She's still giving her mother the cold shoulder, she's afraid of failing any classes so late in the school year, even though she has near perfect grades.

The guidance counselor at her school keeps bugging her about the future and what colleges she plans on going to, but she doesn't even know what she wants to do.

She wants to spend time with her friends but her mind keeps distracting her with other things.

Jungkook tried to take her out on a spontaneous date, but Layla just wasn't there. He wanted to cheer her up and distract her from everything going on at home but nothing worked.

Layla is tired. She's mentally drained and she desperately needs a break.

Jungkook parks his Jeep in the driveway of Layla's house after school. He turns to her and his eyebrows furrow upon seeing her spaced out. She usually doesn't do that.

"Hey." he grabs her hand and rubs the back of it with his thumb, "What's going on?"

Layla shakes her head, "Nothing, just tired I guess."

He nods, "Tell me if something is wrong, okay? My baby looks so stressed." Layla chuckles as he reaches over to kiss her cheek.

"I will. See you tomorrow." Layla gives him a brief hug before leaving the car. He watches her enter her house before pulling off.

Her small smile drops once she's in her home. The atmosphere has been tense and it's not helping with her stress levels.

Maureen steps out of the kitchen with a grin plastered on her face, "Hey, how was school?"

"It was school." Layla shrugs her shoulders, already stalking towards the stairs.

"Okay, well could you do me a small favor?" Layla sighs, "Sure, what is it?"

Maureen points to the stairs, "In the guest room, I stored away some silverware. Could you bring that box down for me?"

Layla hums, not questioning her mother's decision to put that box in the spare room rather than in the basement or something.

She drops her book bag off in her room before going towards the end of the hall to their spare room.

There's nothing much in there, just an air mattress and a couple more boxes stored with home appliances.

She opens the door and her jaw drops. There sitting on the now inflated air mattress is Raven.

Her newly dyed striking red hair is the first thing Layla notices as Raven smiles widely at her.

"Did you miss me?" Raven says and Layla doesn't hesitate to run towards her, engulfing her in a hug.

"Oh my god! What are you doing here? When did you get here?" They jump around the room excitedly whilst hugging.

"I got here this morning, about an hour after you left for school according to your mother." they pull away from each other. "I'm on spring break and I wanted to spend it here with you."

Layla giggles, "There's nothing much to do here but I admire the gesture." she then drags the girl out of the spare room and into her own.

"Tell me how things are back home." Layla encourages, sitting across the other on her bed.