twenty - nine

Michelle's party was a success, so now everyone's saying their goodbyes and going their separate ways.

Jungkook and Layla get into his car and drive off. After their argument earlier, they've been lowkey.

They're not really holding conversation but it's nothing awkward. The two are just enjoying each other's company.

"You hungry?" he asks, glancing at her briefly before focusing back on the road.

Layla shakes her head, "Not really. Imma just snack on something at home."

Jungkook nods and continues to drive, reaching over the armrest to grab ahold of her hand.

Layla smiles down at their hands before looking out the window, watching as cars drive pass.

Eventually, they make it to Layla's house. Jungkook reaches over to peck her lips, "I love you. Call me later."

"Okay, I love you too." she leaves the car after, placing her bag on her shoulder as she walks up to her house.

Jungkook drives off after she enters.

Inside, Layla hears loud chatter and laughter coming from the living room.

With furrowed brows, she walks towards the room and stills.

She watches as her mother and a random Asian man converses. Bodies close and faces direct. Her heart drops upon seeing him kiss her cheek.

"Uh, hello?" Layla speaks up. Maureen jumps slightly but sends her daughter a smile, "Oh Lay, you're here early."

"I'm not, but who's this?" she asks, confusion written on her face.

Maureen looks between her and the man, "You can call him Dave."

Dave? He doesn't look like a Dave, but whatever.

Dave stands and reaches his hand out for Layla to shake, "It's nice to meet you Layla. Your mother has told me so many great things about you."

She awkwardly takes his hand, "I can't say the same."

He chuckles and brings his hand back. They all look between each other in an awkward silence, not really knowing what to say.

"Mom, are you two dating?" Layla asks, hoping that her speculations are wrong.

Maureen clears her throat, "Yes we are." Layla nods in disbelief and turns to walk up the stairs to her room.

She's beyond pissed.

They moved states because apparently it was too hard for her mother to be somewhere with so many memories of her father.

But, she's able to start dating again. Not even a year has passed since her father's death, yet she's dating another man.

Layla takes a deep breath and empties the contents of her duffle bag in her dirty clothes hamper, going to fill it up with a week's worth of clean clothes.

While packing her makeup and hygienic products, she dials Jungkook's number.

It doesn't take him long to answer, "Wassup baby? I know I said call me later but it's only been like ten minutes." he chuckles.

"Can you come pick me up? I can't be in this house." she says as she zips up the bag, "I know I was just with you bu-"

"I'm about to be outside, c'mon." he says and the phone clicks off.

Layla giggles and hauls her bag over her shoulder. She jogs down the stairs and straight out the door, ignoring her mother's calls for her.

Jungkook pulls up right after, unlocking the doors as she hops in. "Where we going?"