1

It was a Monday morning and she had to wake up to prepare breakfast for her three little siblings. She also had to make sure they were all ready by eight o'clock so that she could drive them to elementary school. Oh the plight of a parent-child.

TAYLOR STEINFIELD was a seventeen year old petite girl with brown sparkly eyes just like her parents used to have, her coal-black hair stopping just at her shoulders and it was naturally shiny too, inherited? Maybe. She was once a straight A student until her parents passed away in a motor accident three months ago. It was sad indeed for her and the little ones, scary even because they knew not one relative who would take them in. All their relatives cut them off after Mr. and Mrs. Steinfield died. After all they would not benefit them in any way. It was not as though they would send them weekly upkeep from their graves just as they used to when they were alive.

She groaned angrily when her alarm clock went off signalling that it was seven am in the morning. She blindly extended her left hand to the bedside table where the alarm clock was placed and turned it off.
       "Another day of pain." She said to herself.
She rubbed her eyes tiredly and pulled off her pink bedcover before walking out of her room.

"Good morning Taylor," The youngest, Amanda Steinfield greeted looking up at her big sister with a big smile. If only Taylor could return it to the little angel.    "Good morning Amy. How was your night?" She greeted back monotonously, trying to force a smile for her six year old baby sister.      "Let's go get you some breakfast but first I have to wake Cory and Mal up. Those twins are something else." Taylor shook her head as she walked towards their room that the two shared. They were ten years old with a huge contrast between each other. Cory was stubborn and jumpy whereas Mal was quiet and humble but fiesty. It was easier to say that Mal was Taylor's favourite of the two.

"Wake up sleepyheads." She pulled off their covers and they both protested.  "Freshen up and come down for breakfast. I have to drop you at school by eight." She announced just as she did everyday like the mom junior she was. Eventually, after everyone had eaten their cereal and packed their lunches, they got into the family car and Taylor drove them to school. They arrived at school within fifteen minutes. 

"Alright Cory, be good and Mal, take care of your brother, okay?"
"I'm good," Cory protested.
"Mal take care of your twin."
"Sure thing. Let's go Cory." The three kids walk off into Midville Elementary school and Taylor crossed off to Midville High. Thank God she did not have to drive around the whole place and she was also close to the kids incase of anything.

She entered through the big entrance doors of her school jogging straight to math class.

"Late again Miss Steinfield," Mr. Williams commented after she knocked and entered, walking straight to her seat with her head ducked in embarrassment. She had not even pulled out her notebook when it happened yet again.

"If only she had someone to wake her up earlier..." The red-head behind her said to his friends and they all laughed maniacally. Tears immediately started strolling down her cheeks. She was not a crybaby. These guys were just so rude and she was sick of them. She tried to fight them at the start but it was no use so she gave up.

"Are people supposed to be this badhearted?" She thought.

"Excuse yourself Miss Taylor please. You don't look okay." Mr. Williams said after noticing her crying for the umpteenth time in his class ever since her parents passed on. She nodded slowly and pulled her hood over her head as she moved out of class. It is no wonder that she was deteriorating in her classes. She cried each time and the teachers would send her out to calm down of which she would not return until school day was over.

After leaving class, she went to her favorite hideaway in the school library at the very back in the corner because there, no one would poke fun at her or feel sorry for her. It was a good thing she had no friends anymore anyway. She cut them all off after the tragedy of her parents' death took its toll on her.