Gamzee x Reader: Scared

Note: Gamzee is sober for part of this, hope you don't mind.)

(Also, this is one of my longer stories. Hope you don't mind...I say that way to often T+T)

(Final note: This takes place in an AU where the humans and trolls live on one planet or a dream bubble or something. Use your think pan!)

You thought you could trust him.

When you two first met, he seemed like a sweet person, even if he was a little 'off'. He had been so nice to you, always flashing you a lazy smile and never seeming down. That is, until the day...

You thought he was safe to be with.

Nobody ever told you about his dark side. When he unleashed, you were (unfortunately) messaging Equius, asking what present you should get for Nepeta for her wriggling day. The conversation went like this:

Hey Equius!

D-> Hello (y/n). For what reason are you messaging me?

Well, Nepeta's wriggling day is coming up, and I wanted to know if you had any ideas of what to get her.

D-> I would recommend some paints for her shipping wall, or a cat plushie. However, I strongly advise against getting her catnip, as she tends to get...100d when she gets hold of it.

All right! What are you getting her? I want to make sure I don't give her the same gift as you do.

D-> I am giving her a-

honk.

HONK.

honk.

Your eyes went wide as you read the change in the message. It was obviously Gamzee. You'd had a flush crush on the troll ever since you met him. The only people you told were Meulin and Nepeta. Breathing in and out, you wondered if Equius was playing a joke. No, he didn't seem like the type. You began to reply.

Hey! This is Gamzee, right?

you got it (Y/N)

Was he changing typing styles now or what? Normally his typing was so whimsical. Hesitantly, you continued.

Where's Equius?

he decided to join the DARK CARNIVAL.

You read the text nervously. Whatever that was, it didn't sound good. And he had stopped using his quirk...Strange. Hesitantly, you began to craft a reply.

What's that?

let me show you.

MOTHERF*CKER.

And a picture popped up on your screen. Your eyes went wide with terror as you saw: Equius lying on the ground, dead, Gamzee holding a club stained with his indigo blood. But Gamzee looked strange. His eyes were soulless, the yellow parts going red-orange. He had a dark, crazed smile on his face.

You vaguely remembered something: When you first met Gamzee, Karkat had whispered to you: "He's not himself when he's sober."

Gamzee was sober...

Gamzee, when was the last time you had slime pie or Faygo?

I have been off of that POISON FOR SO MOTHERF***ING LONG.

it rots your mind.

MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE MOTHERF****ING CRAZY.

but that doesn't matter.

I'M COMING FOR YOU.

you're next.

THE MOTHERF***ING DARK CARNIVAL HAS BEGUN.