Kankri x Reader: Notebooks and Picnics

(Note: I don't use Kankri's quirk because it makes the fanfic more difficult to read sometimes. Hope you don't mind.)

___________________________

He was at it again.

"...and while the hemospectrum may put some above others in class, living style, psychic powers, physical prowess or otherwise, it is highly triggering to many who have been hatched with lower and/or higher labeled 'blood colors' to be placed in an unfair situation caused by their aforementioned blood color. And while those in the commonly labeled 'rust blood' category or colors higher on the hemospectrum may feel as if they are suspended from following the regular rules of ettiquette and many other rulings, which I will mention later, they are to receive the same treatment and give the same treatment as others and bla bla..."

It had been like this for some time now. You had been in the session with John, Rose, Jade, and Dave. Being a bit older than them, you felt a little out of place. You were on the meteor, exploring by yourself, when you found a strange black snake stick-on tattoo. You stuck it on your hand and it didn't fade after four months.

You told the others. It turned out that the tattoo was a juju, and as much as you tried to get it off, you couldn't. So you tried to harness its power, and suddenly you could teleport anywhere in the universes. Well, anywhere you've been before.

So you could visit the dream bubbles whenever you wanted, and you were there when you slept, anyways, so you saw Kankri a lot.

You could hear him in the distance, speaking to Karkat. The poor grumpy troll was stricken into silence by hearing this guy blab on.

"Hey nubby!"

You heard Meenah call out to Nubby Mcshouts. He was ripped from his silence as you began to walk closer.

"FINALLY. IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU SHOWED UP, THIS BABBLING EXCUSE FOR A USED-TO-BE-LIVING BEING HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR AT LEAST A F***ING HOUR NOW. YOU SHOULD HAVE COME SOONER TO SAVE ME FROM MY PURE AGONY BEFORE I STARTED TO LEAK MY HORRIBLY SH*TTY BLOOD FROM MY HEARING DUCTS. NOW LET'S GO."

(A/N: I just made up 'hearing ducts', don't judge.)

You walked over just in time as Meenah and Karkat were running away. Hearing a sigh, you looked at Kankri. His expression seemed lost, in a sad, forlorn way as he stared after Karkat and Meenah.

His eyes looked strange, though. Normally they were white, the norm for the dead, but a very slight red in the irises and the faintest tinge of black in the pupil area now replaced the white. The slightest shade of yellow also replaced the stark white background.

Maybe you should ask him about that?

"Hello, Kankri." You said as you walked up to him.

"Greetings (Y/N)," Kankri replied, his forlorn expression now gone. But his eyes still had the faint pigments of color.

"Kankri, I don't mean to trigger you in any way, but are you alright? Your eyes seem to have taken a slight discoloration."

You were always this way around Kankri. You didn't like to offend anyone, and tried warping your personality to get along with others. So you were polite around Kankri, being careful not to trigger him.

"Do you have a mirror of some sort with you? I'd like to see; I hadn't noticed."

Whipping out your (device) from your modus, you opened up the camera and put it so Kankri could see his face. He looked genuinely surprised.

"I think I understand the problem." Kankri stated.

He turned to face you, shaggy black hair going dangerously close to his eyes. "TW: Triggers include but are not limited to quadrants and red or black feelings." His face went a slight tint of red when he said this. You thought it was adorable.