38

star woke up with puffy eyes and a headache the next morning, rolling over to feel someone else on the other side of the bed.

she rolled over, expecting to have to yell at rudy, but no. it was just rocky. the dog was big enough to feel like a human laying next to her.

"rocky, baby you scared me" she huffed.

she got up and out of bed, showering and getting ready for her day. she had no plans, no meetings or anything. so she began to make herself breakfast and turned on the tv. which was besides the point because she ate on the balcony overlooking the city's sunrise. hearing her phone ding, she picked it up.

maddie: hey everything go alright last night? kissed and made up? or shall i say makeup sex 😏

star:
nope. fought even more and i kicked him out for the night. wait did he not come over to you and chases place?

maddie:
ummm no? what the hell happened dude call me it sounds way worse than it already was.

star:
oh how you have no idea. i'll call you soon

when she brought her dishes to the sink, she heard a knock on the door. great. he's back.

she looked through the peep whole, seeing the delivery guy walking away.

she opened it, looking down to expect a package, except it was rudy. asleep against the door, falling to the floor once the door opened.

"what the fuck are you doing? you're lucky the delivery guy didn't call the cops you look like a homeless stalker outside my door" she picked up the parcel and walked inside, knowing he would follow now he was abruptly awake.

"i didn't have anywhere to go last night. you kinda kicked me out without my keys. and my phone"he said clearing his throat.

"aww did ollie not come to your rescue this time? man your life has to suck i'm so sorry" she sarcastically spoke.

"star. seriously. i'm trying to make shit better. she's out of the picture now, it's just you and i. and you keep pushing me away" he said grabbing ahold of her hand, pulling her back and stopping her.

"i'm pushing you away? i don't fucking trust you anymore rudy!" she shouted

"please baby what can i do to make it up to you? this can't be the end. we can work through it, we always do" he said as she yanked her hand out of his grip, still following her like a lost puppy.

"i don't know rudy. i honestly have no idea if this is gonna back to normal." she sighed, putting laundry away as he stood and watched as they spoke.

"we can try! just stop leaving me out." he said

"am i just meant to forget the fact you cheated on me?" she said

"it was years ago! i promise. and i've told you over and over it's never gonna happen again" he said.

"hmm" she said, walking away again.

"starlette! just please! listen! forgive me!" he begged.

she stopped in her place, turning to look at him.