✦ chapter eighteen

18.
lately i've been crying like a tall child,
so please hurry leave me,
i can't breathe please don't say you love me.
first love / late spring, mitski

❜ — first love / late spring, mitski

BIRTHDAY EFFECT
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

YOU DON'T KNOW if it'd still count as a day off, considering you were called in for file revision. You were sure that could wait for tomorrow, but you still clocked in without a complaint. The only thing you were slightly awkward about is your get-up and that has earned you a few compliments. By the time you finish revision, you hurry on to your office. You think you've been seen enough this morning.

You stood behind your desk, opening up a present bag. Inside you placed the action figure that was on Vinny's  wishlist. You pause when you reached for the freshly shirt you ordered for him from your bag— it's a limited edition shirt of his favorite cartoon game show , which wasn't effortless to get. The signatures of the characters, supposedly, printed behind the small black shirt. Deep down, you're still distracted by what you discovered a few days ago in the archives room, and not even imagining how excited that darling little brother of yours will be in an hour eased you up.

Finally after snapping yourself out of your thoughts, you began to fold the shirt with extra care. Although with Madara in the back of your mind. You haven't seen him ever since preparing for the bands showcase. There wasn't one single glimpse of him either. You find that normal, but now you itch for just a little chat simply to see how he's doing.

"Good morning, producer! it's been a while!"

Madara shows you a bright closed eye smile from the entrance to your office as you clutched the shirt close to your chest, which had heaved up and down slightly from this coincidence. Your alarmed gasp sharp on your ears,  "G..good morning.." You blew out.

Madara entered himself, closing the door behind him. You frowned when she pulled Vinny's shirt away. You had almost finished folding it had Madara not burst into your office. Hold up— there was a bigger problem at hand. You froze, slowly averting your eyes at Madara, who's just as amused to see the cerulean present bag on your desk and the kiddy shirt you held.

"Producer? Do you have a kid?" He asked, intriguingly.

"What made you think of that first?!" Warmth tickles your face at that personal question, "This is for my little brother. It's his birthday today." As you fold the shirt, Madara rests his knuckles on your desk, leaning just slightly at you, and causing his figure to shadow over your own. He peers at the present with a curious smile, "And you were called in today? That's silly."

"I know." You place the folded shirt in the gift bag, the gift tissue crinkling. Finally, you glance at him, undivided attention now on him. "It's no big deal. I still have time until the party starts." You flick your wrist, and then rubbed your arm with a faint tremor.