1

Mani Pov

hey, my name is kamani . I am 22. I am fully black. I have long hair. I am a lil thick. But I'm not like those girls who say I'm ugly and all that. And I'm, not those girls who say they sexy as hell.I am just me. My best friend is shanty .

She is my r.o.d. I have a 3-year old daughter. Emerald is my pride and joy. I would never hurt her.As for her father goes he is a drug lord. I don't want my child in that life. In fact, he doesn't even know he has a child. I don't need him. I show her pics of him but she always asks where is he.

I always tell her about him but she has me.I have a good job. I have a good daycare that helps me. What I need the extra stress for.I took out my thoughts by Emerald jumping on my bed.

"Mommy get up. I go to school."

she is so cute.

I tickled her.

"Mommy stoop."

"Ok, let's go. Get some clothes so u can bathe."

she ran to her room.

Then I got my clothes

I put her in the tube and I got in the shower

**********************************

We got done with our hygiene. I made her breakfast. After she finished we got in my Mustang and drove to the daycare.

When I got there I hugged her goodbye and watched her go in. Then I left for school.When I got to school I went to the library to return some books.As I was walking in the building I bumped into someone and dropped my stuff.

"Damn watch were u going!" he said.

I looked up and seen ro.

I choked up.

This is Emerald's dad.

"What you can't say nothing but you can bump into folks."

who does he think he talking to.I got up and picked my stuff up.

"Listen here nigga I don't know who you think you talking to but you better watch your mouth."

I walked away to the library.

I dropped my books off and went to my morning class. I only have morning classes. I finished a lot of my classes my sophomore year.I walked in my class. I have honor classes. Its only like 9 ppl in here. Most of everyone take theirs in the afternoon.I walked to my seat and sit down. Then the bell rung.

As the teacher was talking there was a knock at the door. The teacher walked to the door. And then ro walked in.

"Wassup,"

he said.

"Just take a seat somewhere."

He looked around and seen me. He mugged me and sat down in the back of the class.

"Okay, class I am going to give you a semester project."

everyone groans.

"Calm down.

Since this is marketing I want you to make a company. Then build it from scratch. You must have a balanced income. I posted up the partners on the board."

Everyone got up and looked at the board. I squeezed through some ppl. I found my name.

I sighed.

"Of course"

I got ro.

I walked to the teacher.

"Ms.White how could you pair me up with him?"

he mugged me.

"No why you partner me up with this hoe," he said.

"Shut the hell up."

"Both of you calm down, please. You both are top of my class I want to see what greatness You can come up with." then the bell rang.

"Ugghh"

I walked out the class.

As I was walking to my class I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see ro."

Aye man listen I don't want to fail so I'll come over to yo house and we work on the project right."

"Fine but I hope my child won't bother u."

"U got a kid?"

I nodded.

"It's alright. I like kids."

I gave him my address and left my class.

*After school*

I walked out of school and walked to my car. I got in and drove to get Emerald. I got her and took her home.I was in the kitchen cooking till I heard a knock on the door.I walked to it. I looked out the peephole.

It was ro.

Damn