Chapter 10

"Jesus what was that scream for?" Enoch turns to me and asks with a scowl on his face.

"She screamed?" Millard asks.

"Yes that gave me quite a fright also" Victor says, hand over his chest and a mocking look of fright. 

I ignore Victor and turn to the questioning eyes sitting at the table, "I thought I saw a cockroach, sorry" 

"A cockroach? You spend all day with me how are you scared of a damn cockroach" Enoch questions me.

"Oh my god a cockroach?! where is it?" Horace looks around in fright of the imaginary bug, Millard bursts into laugher at the sight. 

"Oh calm down, she thought she saw one not that she did" Enoch explains.  

Horace huffs after hearing this, "how am I meant to know, apparently there was a scream then you mention a cockroach, sorry for using context clues" 

Enoch rolls his eyes back to this statement "maybe don't listen in to what I'm saying then"

Horaces hands go up and his eyes go wide, "we are at the same table, what do you expect me to do?"

I hear a sigh from Victor standing behind Enoch "same as ever I see, I don't know why I expect any different but I always do" he wipes a fake tear away and I roll my eyes at dramatic action. Emma steps in to stop the bickering as she normally does and after a while they do stop however, I still have the added stress of a certain passed person peering over Enoch's shoulder. 

"Ask what tea it is, I can't smell it" Victor says

"I'm not doing that" I mumble to Victor hoping Enoch wouldn't hear. 

"What?" he heard. 

"Nothing! Just thinking out loud" I say with a very forced smile. I take back everything I said, this isn't fun. 

"Hey Victoria so how does your peculiarity actually work, you can see dead people?" Millard asks. 

Oh god of course he asks now, are we sure he's not psychic?

"Um yes but not all passed people, if I form a sort of friendship with them they can visit whenever though" I explain and Enoch repeats what I said for me. Bronwyn looks down moving the food on her plate around with a fork, a solemn expression. Emma notices and attempts to change the subject. 

A few minutes pass of the others trying to make conversation and Victor laughing at their sad attempts before Enoch stands up "well this has been terrible, you've really outdone yourselves, I'm leaving" 

I quickly stand up and motion towards Enoch walking away, eager to get out of the very uncomfortable situation, "well that was not what it was meant to be" I hear Horace say before their voices are too far away.

 I make my way up towards my room instead of following to Enoch's, however I think he's so socially drained he either doesn't notice or just doesn't care. I quickly close my door behind me and face the smiling Victor who followed me. 

"why did you do thatttt" I whine 

"Honestly, I thought it'd be entertaining and it was for a bit" he chuckles a bit

"Victor that was so stressful, give a bit of warning next time you're gonna randomly pop up"

"My bad my bad, here's your warning I might join for beach day tomorrow"

"Wait, beach day?"

A/n: This is a very short very bad chapter but I just wanted to give yall something, I promise the next one will be longer. Lemme know what yall wanna see happen in this though I'm curious!