Side chapter 5:Life in Papaldia

Papaldia,March 1642

It was a cold spring day for many,in Esthirant people were getting ready for the work day.

over the past year they went from having a technology of about 1789 to 1825 in just 1 year,trains were being made and built,the nation was doing great,but under all the advancement and the rebuilding after the war.the Empire was living under pure fear.

since the end of the war,200 000 Russian troops were inside the country to make sure any dissent was killed off,and since then 1.4 million people have died,meaning it's population only grew by 600 000 since the end of the war.This was only one reason why the people lived in fear.

The other was Parneus,since the war ended many people saw the devastation with their own eyes,a city of 1.1 million gone in a single day by Russian attack,even when they tried to rebuild it took 7 months to clear the city of the dead and ruins.now the city was only 20% done and less than 1/4 the size it once was.

The people as such were afraid that one day Russian revenge would come back,that they would be killed off and the name Papaldia erased from the history books.But today was different,it was the Emperor's birthday,he is now 29,despite the war he is still seen as a respectable figure for allowing Kyeos to take over with little blood shed and for making peace with all the reforms.

Just then,the city saw 5 ships coming closer,4 of which they remember quite clearly,Russian Battleships.but one was different,a cruise ship,even though they knew what it was they didn't why such a ship was protected by so many powerful ships.But it soon came clear when the Russian Garrison got to the Port and bowed deeply to the ship,all 15 000 soldiers were on 1 knee.When the ship stopped a lone man went down the ramp,Old and missing an eye the people assumed he was their commander.

''Glory to our Tsar,Supreme Monarch of the Russian Empire,Father of nation,Liberator of the Slavic people from Communism!''shouted all the soldiers in unison

The people hen Knew,this was the man who defeated them,the man who wield so much power inside his own nation.The people then bowed out of honor and respect,even thought to many he was the leader of a barbarian nation he was still the man that forced them to give up.

The Tsar then got into a car and left,as he did the soldiers went about their usual duties.And as the day went by no one asked why he would visit the defeated,but one man knew why he was visiting,their emperor,Ludius.

Some weeks ago

As Ludius woke up,a man was waiting for him,his butler,Alex,in his hand was a letter,he then spoke

''Your Majesty,this letter is for you,it's from Russia''

as soon as the words Russia left his mouth,Ludius felt fear,since the end of the war he has seen the Russian army at full capacity,no longer does he thinks they are weak or below anyone,he know that they are far above the entire world.As he took the letter and opened it,he saw it was well made.

''Dear fellow Emperor,My name is Nicholas Romanov the 2nd,Tsar of the Russian Empire,i am writing to you to tell you that on your birthday i will visit you and we shall have a talk,it will decide the fate of you and the nation you reside in,i advise you to pick you words when we speak wisely,i am a man of little patience,so be mindful that every word you say will be like a knife into the meeting we shall have,The Tsar''

As soon as he finished reading the letter he dropped down on his bed,only one think rand into his mind:How can he save his Empire from further doom.

Present day,Imperial palace

as the car came to a stop near the entrance of the palace,the Tsar stepped out of the car and looked around.he liked the beautiful gardens and the tall statues,but he had seen this before at his own home in Moscow.