Hinomawari Kingdom(1)

Thoughts ran across Dallas's head as he walked down the hallway.

Under normal circumstances, a diplomat coming over to what was basically the frontlines would raise question marks, but since the enemy army,Russia,may attack at any moment,he had to make a move fast.As a diplomat,there were still some things he could do.Fortunately for them, since the installations of the army and the Subjugation Authority are all built next to the kingdom's important buildings, the enemy has not yet made a move even after so much time had passed since they captured Valkyries and crushed the 6th army.The enemy forces may be afraid of inflicting civilian casualties.

"Truly convenient..."

Dallas broke out into a smile.

Russia is indeed strong but they don't seem to be waiting to make any big bold moves.Valkyries and the 6th army, the base and army that they had taken,was a base that was only garrisoned by the Imperial Army. From Russia's perspective,the great naval battle south of Rodenius was a blade directly pointing at them while the base in the Kingdom of Riem was used as a stage from which they could be directly attacked. The countries which have voluntarily submitted to the Gra Valkas Empire and subsequently accepted the Imperial Army,even if they were comparatively closer to Russia,as long as their forces did not have the ability to mount an attack directly at them,were not attacked.It seems that they will only attack if they are actually being attacked or if the base has sufficient capabilities to launch an attack on them.

Conclusions drawn from those points will become hints for the Gra Valkas Empire's victory.

Even while he walked down the hallway, he was thinking of the empire.

He turned on a corner down the hallway and finally faced the room from where the shouts were coming from.

"So fucking noisy...As is the case with any barbarian who knows not how to be thankful...Let's wrap this up."

Opening the door, he entered the room.

In the Room

The door opened and in came a man. On his collar was a badge only permitted to be worn by the diplomats of the Gra Valkas Empire.Freyja, 3rd Princess of the Hinomawari Kingdom, turned to the man, Dallas, and bowed.

"I'm Dallas, representing the Gra Valkas Empire's Foreign Affairs Ministry.If you have something you want to speak about, I will listen."

A low-pitched, imposing voice reverberated within the room. The Subjugation Authority staff member that was trying to handle the princess was surprised at the diplomat's entrance.

"I am Freyja, 3rd Princess of the Hinomawari Kingdom. I've come to discuss matters regarding food."

"Food?"

"Yes. When the Hinomawari Kingdom entered under the rule of the Gra Valkas Empire, our one single condition was to not let the people of the kingdom starve.However,the Imperial Army has refrained from food distribution and is stockpiling them,preventing the people from receiving any.Many people have already died out of starvation.I heard that the empire is an honorable nation. If you have indeed not reneged on your promises, please, hand some of the food that you've been hoarding to the people!"

"Hmm..."

Freyja, a beautiful woman with long, black hair and adorned with traces of a maiden, responded with dignity. She was gallant and magnificent, unlike any other foreign diplomats that they had faced up to that point.

Dallas looks over to the Subjugation Authority staff member.

"Is that the case here?"

"F-Forgive us, but ever since Valkyries fell,we are currently bolstering food supplies in the event our supply lines get cut."