[11]

❀ ₊⁻∘・ now playing: ❝hell of a ride - bo burnham❞
[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:36 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 4:23・∘⁻ ₊❀.

almost an hour had passed since miss park left the broadcasting room, cheong-san was stood in front of the window as on-jo tried to comfort him, the others had all retreated back to their spots. aside from nam-ra, who was leaning against the wall directly beside the door. 

yun-hee was sat on the floor, leaning against a set of cabinets with jun-heo, who was practically asleep, beside her. she watched nam-ra's leg bounce up and down as she stood beside the door, glancing over to the handle every few minutes, expecting miss park to walk back in. 

the girl took a deep breath as she removed jun-heo's head from her shoulder before standing and moving towards nam-ra. she stayed quiet for a few minutes, trying to assess nam-ra's mood. "you did the right thing. telling everyone." yun-hee explained, watching as nam-ra slowly looked over to her. 

"i should've said something earlier. then gyeong-su and miss park wouldn't be dead." nam-ra said solemnly. 

"gyeong-su dying and miss park leaving the room isn't your fault. it's na-yeon's. and na-yeon's only." she told with a nod, placing a hand on nam-ra's shoulder. "look, why don't you come sit down? take a breath, just cool down." 

nam-ra shook her head as her lips pursed. "no, i need to stay here in case miss park comes back and i need to open the door." 

"you'll be no more than four feet away. you can't help everyone with your brain if you're exhausted." yun-hee teasted, poking nam-ra's left temple, earning a small, stifled, laugh. 

the shorter girl nodded slowly before following yun-hee back over to where jun-heo was still in the process of falling asleep. the boy lifted his head, raising an eyebrow as yun-hee lead nam-ra to sit; sending his friend a small smile before closing his eyes again.

jun-heo made sure that yun-hee was comfortably sat down and situated before he leaned his head onto her shoulder. she smiled down at her friend before patting his cheek, then resting her hand on his arm. yun-hee glanced over to nam-ra, watching as she tried to find a somewhat comfortable way to lay her head on the shelving behind them. 

stifling a short laugh, she used the hand not resting on jun-heo's arm, to pat her other shoulder. nam-ra glanced over with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as yun-hee tapped her shoulder again. 

"come on, it's okay. jun-heo does it all the time." yun-hee said with a smile, watching as nam-ra shook her head. "you're tired, madam president, i won't tell anyone you're actually human and not a robot." 

nam-ra smiled for a few short seconds before resituating and slowly leaning to left to rest her head on yun-hee's right shoulder. within no more than a few seconds, nam-ra's eyes looked to be struggling to stay open. yun-hee smiled to herself as she looked up, catching dae-su's gaze. 

yun-hee's face fell as she raised her hand up, sticking her middle-finger up and maintaining stern eye-contact. dae-su looked terrifed as he struggled to look away. 

the girl broke the 'scary' gaze first, looking down at her hand that still rested on jun-heo's forearm. she slowly skimmed her hand down, wrapping it in his, watching a small smile form on his sleepy face. 

she glanced back up at dae-su, now seeing him and wu-jinn whispering as they glanced between one another and yun-hee. her heart sunk in her chest as she thought about what they might have been speaking about. 

after almost months of her developing crush, she was finally getting somewhere with the girl she liked. developing even some form of a friendship. but, she was terrified out of her mind. she was in the midst of the apocalypse, and the thing she was most scared of at that moment; everyone around her finding out she was gay.