✦ chapter twenty

20.
she haunts the roads, she waits for a new face,
her arms red and injured, she wants to rest, she can't 'til
we have faced ❜ — riviére, deftones

  ❛ she haunts the roads, she waits for a new face, her arms red and injured, she wants to rest, she can't 'til we have faced ❜ — riviére, deftones

THE STREAM

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CAFE CINNAMON AWARDS calmness and its decorated plants on the sides of tables brought out its natural excellency. Your nostrils were satiated with traditional cuisine, spicy sandwiches, chocolaty coffee, and creamy fruit cakes. Industrial overhead lights reflecting brilliant bulbs of what seemed to resemble mini comets, and wine colored couches complimented added onto the pride of the cafe.

"This place is so nice...I can't believe I've never been to this cafe before." You're guided to one of velvety, tawny booths on the right side of the Cafe. Himeru leading you from besides, a hand around your shoulders.

"Producer has been quite busy." He reminds, in a way that was meant to be reassurance. Kohaku and Rinne sat at the booth across from each other with three menus in the middle. This was exclusive— you never would imagine yourself hanging out with Crazy:B like this. "So Himeru believes this is the perfect opportunity for you to unwind a bit."

"F/n-chan, heyyy!" Rinne whistles, waving his arm, "so sweet of you to join us, eh?"

"I could never turn down an invite from you guys, heh.." You rub the hem of your crimson leather jacket, basking in the spring atmosphere of the cafe's interior.

"Sit, sit." Kohaku motions at the seat next to him, leaving Himeru to have a seat next to Rinne, unwillingly. "I thought ya'd be out with Anzu today. What happened wit' that?"

"Anzu has sudden family business, so we agreed to meet at 12 instead." You check the time on your phone, It's 9:25 am and you haven't eaten breakfast yet. So when Crazy:B reached out to you, you'd seized the moment for indulgence. Honestly, you find it a little unhealthy, but there's no harm in feeding yourself.

"Welp! other than that, aren't you lucky you get to hang out with us before your flight?" Rinne teases, winking. You only nod, smiling like you don't have a worry in the world.

"I heard yer business trip might be extend'd to three weeks. Is that true?" Kohaku brings up by the time you put your phone away and take off your lovely outerwear.

"Yeah. Editing the final production is not easy." You sigh, "but I don't wanna think about work right now. My focus should be in the present." The table went silent for a moment. It has been a while since your last time hanging around with Crazy:B, whether it be at practice or during a stop at their agency to file some paperwork, every minute with them was not boring, ever.

"Too bad! I wanna know what happened yesterday with you and that man who got fired." Rinne softly slammed his hands onto the table. The napkins and the menus slightly bumping upwards before landing disorderly. "Himeru is curious on the subject too. You left him a broken nose, Himeru heard."