Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

I furrow my eyebrow as I think about it. Now it all make perfect sense. Why the paper said my body was colder than the North Pole, it's because I came from the Upside Down. The dark... cold world. The world where the monsters lived. If I was from the Upside Down, am I even a human... at all?

-I'm Not A Human-

Y/N P.O.V

I stare at the man in front of me as he kneels down in front of us. He's begging us to let him live. Eleven use her power and slams him into the wall. He lets out a pained cry.

"This is bad" Mick said, entering the room. "What is it?" I asked, turning to look at her. "There are kids in the house. They've called the cops. We have to go!" she said. I can hear distant sound of siren.

"Not until we finish this" Kali said, she turns to look at Eleven. She's the one that have to end his life. He is the reason Terry in such terrible state. "He didn't show your mother mercy... do it!" Kali said. Eleven makes no move to end the man's life.

Kali let out a frustrated sound and take out a gun. She points it at the man. But before she can shoot, Eleven tilts her head which sends the gun out of the window. But not before it shoots. I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen. I clutch onto it and look down to see red. My blood.

"Y/N! No!!" Eleven yelled. She rushes forward and cradles me in her arms. "Eleven..." I said. "Save your breath, Y/N... Funshine, help her" she said, turning to Funshine. Funshine quickly picks me up and we rush out of the apartment. They run towards the truck, with me in Funshine's arms.

"Hang in there, Y/N..." Kali said, as Funshine place me down on the seat with my head in Eleven's lap. My sight starts to grow blurry. Probably from the blood lost. My eyes flutter close and everything went dark.

Vision

I opens my eyes and realize I'm in a dark place. I look around in the place confusion. I know exactly where I am right now. It's the Upside Down. But why am I here? I haven't been getting any vision of this place ever since I escaped the lab the second time. What's happening?

Y/N... I hear someone said my name. I slowly turn around and notice a huge shadow looming over a building. I stares at the shadow in shock. "How did you know my name?" I said, staring at the shadow.

You must remember... the shadow said. "What? Remember what?? What am I suppose to remember when I don't even know what I've forgotten! Who even are you?!" I said. I am your father... it said. My eyes widened in shock at what the shadow just said.

"N-No... is t-this... is this a joke?!" I said. Do you hear me laughing? The shadow said. I shake my head in disbelief, realizing the shadow is being very serious about what he just said.

I created you. I brought to the human world, so you'd help me conquer it. But you have changed. You're becoming too human-like. You must focus on the task I gave you... kill the human. Rule the world with me, my dear child... the shadow said. I shake my head.

"No! No no no!! I refuse! Even if I'm not born like a normal human being. There's nothing I want more than to become a human! I don't care where I came from! I am not helping you destroy human kind! You are not my father! You will NEVER be! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" I yell at the shadow. My surrounding changes.

I soon realize I'm in the void. I look around and see Mike. He's running frantically. "It's a trap! Let me through! I have to warn them! It's a trap!!!" He yell. "Mike? Mike!!" I yelled. I rush towards him. I try to grab his arm but he turned into dust. I look around frantically. "MIKE!!!" I yelled out.

End of Vision

I sprung up, startling Eleven and Kali in the process. "Woah... easy. You have a shot wound" Kali said. I place my hand on my stomach as I no longer feel any pain. I lift my shirt to see the gun shot wound closes up at a rapid speed. I turn to look at Kali, to see a shock expression on her face. I look around the place and realize I'm back at the base.

"I have to go..." I said. "Go? Where?" Kali said. "They need help..." I said. "Who?" Eleven said. "Mike and the others..." I said. Kali looks at me in disbelief. "I need you here, Y/N... Eleven. They separated us. Remember what they did to us. They don't care about us. They used us like we're machine..." she said. I open my mouth to say something. When Mick rush inside.

"They found us..." she said. Kali's eyes widened. She quickly ushers us to get going. I realize Mick meant the cops. They found our hide-out. We rush out of the room. Kali makes a motion for everyone to stay still and quiet.

The cops moves around us, as if they didn't see us here. Kali makes a motion for us to get moving. We did as told, trying not to make a sound because it'll be a dead giveaway.

We get inside the truck as the cops starts to chase after us once they realize it was just an illusion. I take a seat by the window. I stare out the window as I start to think.

It's a trap! You have to let me through! I need to warn them! It's a trap!! Mike's voice echoed in my head. I close my eyes tightly, as my breathing starts to grow heavy. Mike... he needs me. He needs my help. I have to go back.

*to be continued*