Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

I don't know what will happen to me if I close the gate. For all I know... it might ended up killing me. But if that's what it takes to keep everyone safe. I'd gladly give up my life.

-Closing The Gate-

Y/N P.O.V

We finally reach the gate. We get out of the car. Hopper moves to stand next to me. "You two leave the heavy works to me, okay? Save your energy for the gate" he said. Eleven and I nod our heads at his words.

I stare at the building in front of me. All of the bad memories I have starts coming back. My body starts to shake as I look down. I can feel the fear growing within me. If it weren't to close the gate, I refuse to step a foot here.

I feel a hand slip in mine. I turn my head to see it's Eleven. "Are you okay?" She asked. I give her a weak smile and nod my head. I turn to look at Hopper. "Let's go..." he said. We nod our heads and make our way inside the building.

Hopper have his gun raise, ready to shoot. Eleven and I just walk quietly behind him, as he make his way down the stairs. I can hear him mumbling a word, and rushes down the stairs. I look at Eleven as she do the same. We follow Hopper and come across a man, all bloodied and injured.

"Dr. Owens..." I said. He opens his eyes and looks at me. I clench my hands into a tight fist. He was one of the doctor who use to experiment on me. Eleven pat my back, trying to comfort me.

"Once I get you out of here... do you think you can help us? Help these girls... so they can have a normal life. Where they weren't prodded and poked like some lab rat? It's just a suggestion... but think about it, okay?" Hopper said. Dr. Owens just nods his head. Hopper gives him a gun and we continue our way to where the gate is located.

***

After a while of walking, we finally reach the drop off that will lead us to the gate. Hopper looks around the corner, and curse under his breath. I close my eyes and focus on what's ahead to see a bunch of those demo-dog.

Hopper turns to look at us and nod his head. He was about to attack them, when they suddenly ran off somewhere. Hopper turns to look at us in confusion. But I know exactly what happened. "Mike..." I said, under my breath.

Now that the coast is cleared, we just have to wait for Jonathan's signal to close the gate. We have to wait until they succeeded in getting the Mind Flayer out of Will's body. I lean my back against the wall as we wait for the right time. El is right next to me.

"Hey, El..." I said. She turns to look at me. "Yeah?" She said. "Remember when I got shot?" I asked. She nods her head. I let out a sigh and lean my head on the wall, staring at the ceiling above.

"I was sent there... to the Upside Down..." I said. Her eyes widened. "Why were you there?" She asked. "I found out that I was somehow connected to that place. So... now that we're here, to close the gate. I might not make it out alive once we did..." I said. "And you're saying that NOW?!" She said, looking at me as if I had grown two heads.

"What choice do we have? We can't let that thing in here... who knows what kind of chaos that'll cause. We have no choice, El. We have to do this. I don't care if it costs my life. I just want everyone I care for to be safe..." I said.

"B-But... w-what a-about Mike? You promised him you would come back..." she said, looking at me with a sad expression. I smile at her and place my hands on her shoulders.

"Some promises are meant to be broken. This is one of them. Mike would have to understand. I want him to live. I want everyone to live. We're only sacrificing one life, me... to save millions more..." I said, giving her a pained smile. She chokes out a sob and wraps her arms around me.

I hear a static sound and turn to look at Hopper, who is silence the whole time. He gives me a sad smile. He press the walkie. "Do it. Close the gate" Jonathan said, from the other side of the line. I turn to look at Eleven. "It's time... if I don't make it out alive. Tell Mike I love him..." I said. She wipes her tears and nods her head.

Hopper lowers us down. I outstretch my hand, palm facing the gate. I focus on getting it to close. Eleven doing the same next to me. I can see a shadow on the other side of the gate.

Y/N... child. Let me into the human world he said. I shake my head. 'Get out of my head! This world is for the humans... not for you! Just stay where you belong!' I screamed in my head. We can rule the world... you and I, together he said. I shake my head. 'No!' I screamed. I clutch my head with my free hand. I fall on my knees, clutching my head.

Let me in, child... he said. A tentacle moves closer from the gate. I shake my head. "NO!" I screamed. I force myself to stand up and point both of my hands towards the gate. I scream at top of my lungs.

"This is not your world... STAY IN YOUR WORLD YOU MONSTER!!!!" I screamed. The gate starts to close rapidly. My body starts to lift off the ground. The tentacle retracted itself into the gate, back to the Upside Down. Eventually the gate closes.

I breathe heavily and fall on to the crate

I breathe heavily and fall on to the crate. Eleven rush towards me. "Y/N... are you okay?" She said. I feel heavy on the chest. But I force myself to stay awake. I look at Eleven and smiles, nodding my head. She lets out a sigh of relief and pulls me into a hug. I just hug her back. I'm fading... I can feel it. But I want to see Mike. One last time.

*to be continued*