ᛅᛒᛁᛚᚬᚴᚢᛅ

epilogue

GOING THROUGH THE PORTAL AGAIN WAS WEIRD THE FIRST TIME, BUT THE SECOND TIME. . . NOPE IT WAS JUST AS WEIRD. Alora found herself laying down on her bed. The same bed she had slept in for the last sixteen years. The eighteen-year-old girl found the memory foam strange. She had gotten used to Hiccup's wooden bed. She looked around and noticed that something was. . .off.

Alora sat up straight and went out towards the hallway. She walked down the stairs to see Ray and Nora Palmer cooking in the kitchen.

She saw Bucky and Lily playing outside.

"Aly?"

She turned and saw Nora staring at her.

"You're awake!" Ray said, giving her a bear hug.

Suddenly, his fatherly warmth felt forgein to her.

"I need to go somewhere," she told them.

"Where?" Nora asked.

"The DEO."

There was a long pause.

"Mom? Dad?" Lily said, holding Bucky close to her.

Alora turned around.

"Who's this?"

And that was when she realized.

Alora pulled Nora outside and left Ray back in the house.

"You wiped their minds?!" she hissed.

"I had to! They were getting depressed! Bucky wasn't eating! Lily was crying all the time!" Nora huffed. "Alora, you've been gone for six months!"

"W-What are you talking about?! It's been a year!" Alora exclaimed.

"Well maybe where you were at it was, but for us it was six months."

Alora didn't say a word.

Alora sighed and sat on the muddy grass. She'd been gone for almost a year, yet Nora claimed it's been only six months. Time was different here than it was on Berk.

Nora gave Alora the circular object that Sara had given them long ago. Ray volunteered to go with her, but Alora told him no. She needed to do it herself.

The object led her to taking a bus to National City. She followed it through weird corners and suspicious alleyways. In the end, she found herself in front of what appeared to be an abandoned building. She walked inside and it triggered a green scanner. The doors opened and it was like it had transported her into a futuristic world.

Alora looked around and saw people staring at her. But her eyes were set on one woman only.

"Auntie Alex?" she called out.

Alex looked up from her file. Beside her was Brainy and Lena Luthor.

"Did she just say. . .?" Lena said.

"Alora?!"

The brunette smiled.

"I need your help."

"W-With what. Wait, hang on, you got your memories back?!"

"Yes I did."

"H-How?"

"Doesn't matter," Alora told her. "What matters is that I need to get home."

"H-Home?" Alex questioned.

"But if I'm going to do it, I need Superman's help."

"You know about Clark Kent?" Brainy asked.

The name Clark sounded familiar to her.

"We can help you, but you need to tell us where it is you're trying to get back to," Lena said.

Alora pulled out the medallion and showed it to her.

"I think you mean, who."

end of book one