We Get Married

Do vote and comment
Word count : 1776

CHAPTER #14

I halted my car near the masjid and walked in. The fajr azan was over till I reached. The time went perfectly as the salah started as soon as I completed my two rakah of nafl prayer.

After my fajr prayer, I headed over to the imam. He was sitting on his prayer mat.

"assalamualaikum sheikh" I bowed a little and greeted him

"walaikumassalam, come sit" he said gesturing his hand to sit in front of him. "how have you been?" he asked further

"alhamdulillah sheikh, everything's going fine and thanks to yours and everyone's duas, my business is flourishing"

"mashallah that's nice to hear. Don't forget to thank Allah for whatever you are getting in your life as everything given is by him and him only"

"I'll remember that" I said looking a bit down in respect "my nikah is in a few hours"

"mashallah child, may Allah give you happiness in your life and satisfy you by your wife"

"inshallah sheikh, remember me in your duas"

"inshallah sure my child" he said as I got up and bowed my head as usual in respect. The imam hugged me and said "fee amaan Allah"

Fee amaan Allah : in Allah's care and protection

From masjid, I made my way to the house. I took a bath and wore my another jhubba with a black blazer. Though this wedding didn't turn out as we all expected but I can understand that we can't do all of the functions because of rafiq uncle's death.

It was 8.30am when our nikah took place. By 10am I was supposed to take johara and go to my house or I may say our house.
"do you take ms. Johara rafiq, daughter of rafiq ahmed as you wedded wife?"

"I do" I said three time and signed on the papers. I had a strange kind of feeling. I don't know but this is what was destined.

°°°°
Johara came downstairs with her mother. She was wearing a simple embroidered dress with the red bridal veil that covered her face. Her hand was given in mine.

"take good care of her" her mother said slowly. She was already in a lot of pain and it was her wish to get her daughter married this early. Anyways, my father and I took her to the car while inayah and mom stood at the gate, greeting me byes

"take good care of your wife until I come back"

"yes ammi no worries"

I drove the car and my father sat with me. Johara was made to sit at the rear seat. Unusually, she was all alone to sit there.
As soon as I parked my car, I got down and opened the rear door and offered my hand to johara for getting out.
She didn't accept it.
She got off by herself and waited for me to walk in.

"come with me" I said
She didn't reply anything

I just walked in and showed her my room which was now ours.
"you can change the clothes and have a sleep" I said "you must be tired"

"you don't -" I couldn't hear her as she whispered it too low
I decided to ignore and let her have the room to get comfortable. I went down in the kitchen and started cooking breakfast for myself, dad and johara.

I was cooking for the first time and I didn't have a good idea of what to do. I opened the cabinet and took out a flat pan and a sauce pan as well.
Thanks a lot to my sister, I knew how to make tea so I made it in minutes.
A while later, I was quite satisfied with what I had made. I made a simple scrambled egg with bread slices along with orange juice.
I took my father's and my plate to the dining table and called him. He was in his room.