CHAPTER 2: BLOATED

A STRANGE ENCOUNTER 

I laid in my bed rolled up in a ball, which had become the new ultimate position for the last few days

I laid in my bed rolled up in a ball, which had become the new ultimate position for the last few days. Dust almost collected on my shoulders as I blankly stared at my emails, reading through all the courses I had missed while absent. Along with the missing courses, multiple familiar notifications came from the forum. 8:14: Raclettedu06 has sent a message: I've just arrived. I'll see you in front of the music store, ok? I suddenly realized the time, ripping the clothes laying on the floor to shove them in the closet to make it as presentable as possible.

As soon as I was dressed up, I slathered myself in a suffocating mixture of disinfectant and perfume before gathering my courage to go outside for the first time in days. I brushed my teeth with the pulp of my finger in a rush, distress making it impossible to find my toothbrush. I swung my door open, clearly interrupting my neighbor, who was busy putting up a new threatening complaint on my door about the smell.

"I'm actually not sure if you can read because I've been warning you with my notes about this smell coming from your apartment and you're doing nothing about it. Are you keeping a dead body there or something? God, you smell so bad!"

"Fuck off, Janet. I am sick and tired of your empty threats. Just tell the landlord already and shut that high-pitched fire alarm of a voice for once in your sad, sad life." I replied, leaving before I could have the satisfaction of seeing her snotty face twist in a mix of disgust and anger. I could already see the tall figure of who I assumed was Adrien downstairs. The man was wearing a large black coat that went all the way to his ankles. A red beanie with a massive pompom on it protected his head. I got closer to him, immediately noticing the same smell of death that haunted me. Before I could even say hi to him, I gagged from the intense smell which made him turn around and say;

"Well, that's one way of saying hello!"

"I'm sorry. I know I don't smell like roses either." The deep tonality of his voice took me by surprise, expecting a whining teenager from a 17-year-old. However, his French accent was thick enough to sound like he constantly had the flu for my pure entertainment. Although Scottish accents were still the funniest I had ever heard.

"You sure don't." he said.

"Well anyway, based on your outfit, I'm scared you're going to die of hypothermia. Care to come to my place?"

"Why thank you! CaN I hAvE a CoOp Of TeA As wEll?"

"Oh god, I can tell you're going to be annoying the whole time you're here."

"I know you actually find it hilarious."

"That's why I'm breathlessly laughing right now." I replied with pure sarcasm, leading him to my apartment. My local friendly neighbor ended up putting her sign with the sweet words DISGUSTING PIG CLEAN YOUR APPARTEMENT BEFORE I CALL THE LANDLORD ON YOU THIS IS THE LAST WARNING.

"I bet I'm leaving you with a great first impression of me..."

"Don't worry, I totally understand what you're going through. Let's go in already." His tone was much more serious this time, slight sorrow marking his bloated face covered with bandages.