Chapter 36

——————————————

Mavis: It's still only day one of the Grand Magic Games, and so far the competition has been less than inspiring. Fairy Tails team B is in 7th place with one measly point! And Team A is even worse, Dead Last!! Along with that unknown guild Phoenix Grave!

(A/N): *Sipping on Boba tea 🧋* They underestimated the competition. But Raven Tail were playing dirty... He kept on targeting Gray and only Gray. And team B's fate was sealed the moment they put Juvia in the same game as Gray...

Mavis: But today isn't over yet!! Battle time!! Listen to my new friend Mr Zero as he explains the rules!!

(A/N): Thank you kindly, Mavis, here *Passes a cup of Boba 🧋*

Mavis: Hmm? What's this?

(A/N): Delicious drink. Trust me. Anyway *Ehem* A victory in the battle is worth ten points, a loss is worth no points. In the case of a draw, both teams get five points. But because Phoenix Grave ties with Fairy Tail team A, the rules were modified, Phoenix Grave will go against the winning team of each match. If the team opposing Phoenix grave wins they will earn 5 extra points, but if it's Phoenix grave that wins they will earn 10 points, the losing team on either side will earn 0 points, and in the case of a draw for any type of battle, both teams will earn five points! This way, Fairy Tail can still nab one of the top spots.

Mavis: Uh-huh!! So don't count us out yet!! *Sips* 🧋 Wow! You were right! This is delicious!!!!

(A/N): Welp, time for the Omnipotent and Nigh-Omniscient author to make their exit, see ya later~

Mavis: Author?

*SNAP*

——————————————

And with that, Mavis forgot about her meeting with her new friend all over again. But she still had the Boba🧋 in her hands.

——————————————

Chapati: Our very first matchup for the Grand Magic Games will test the abilities of Fairy Tail A's Zodiac wielder, Lucy Heartfilia—

Lucy: Okay.

Chapati: —Against the crimson intensity, Raven Tails Flare Corona!!

Flare: Too bad for you, Blondie~

(Y/N): Did he just say corona?

——————————————

Natsu: C'MON!! KNOCK MISS CREEPY EYES INTO NEXT WEEK!!!

Erza: If you win it'll keep us in the running!

Elfman: YEAH!! KNOCK HER LIGHTS OUT!!

Lucy: *Raven Tail... They hurt Wendy and Carla... Just to get our attention... And in the last game, they focused more on stopping Gray than winning... They have a lot to answer for... And they will I'll make sure of it.*

——————————————

(Y/N): The Bimbo looks fired up. She's ready to go...

Gajeel:... Hmph...

——————————————

Makarov: I WANT CARNAGE OUT THERE LUCY!!

Romeo: Something wrong master Mavis?